WOODSTOCK, N.Y., March 22, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Honoring Earth Day on Friday, April 22nd at 12:30 PM EDT, Fertile Heart L.L.C. will host a teleconference for healthcare practitioners titled: Turning Toward Sustainable Reproductive Healthcare.
Participants are welcome to register for the call through the Event Page of Fertile Heart.
"Turning the tide toward more humane—more sustainable reproductive healthcare—has been at the center of our mission, since Fertile Heart's inception in 1997," says Fertile Heart founder and author Julia Indichova.
An allied market research published in 2014 valued the global IVF market at $9.3 billion in 2012, expecting to grow to $21.6 billion by 2020.
"I fully appreciate the role of assisted reproduction as a tool that has vastly expanded family building options for people who rely on ART as the only route to biological parenthood.
In close to two decades of counseling, I have also repeatedly seen clinicians—pressured by the rise of medical tourism and competition among the growing number of clinics worldwide—choose medical technology as a way of muting the body's call for help," says Julia Indichova.
As Dr. Deborah Sparr, the former professor at Harvard Business School, notes in her book, The Baby Business, "the competition is fierce, much of the fertility industry is increasingly marked by significant economies of scale, meaning that firms or IVF clinics must serve a large number of clients simply to cover the cost."
The Fertile Heart Affiliate Program and Resource Network intends to -
- introduce the Fertile Heart Affiliate Program and Global Resource Network to providers around the world, whose work is aligned with Fertile Heart's mission.
- galvanize the whole-person view of infertility as a symptom of underlying physical and emotional imbalances, rather than a disease that requires aggressive intervention.
- close the credibility gap between the conventional infertility treatments and the myriad health enhancing approaches to reproductive challenges.
- raise awareness about poorly acknowledged health risks of ART
- raise awareness of health risks to the children born through ART
- introduce practitioners to the tools of the Fertile Heart OVUM Program, documented in The Fertile Female.
- provide the growing Fertile Heart community with referrals to healthcare practitioners who are familiar with the Fertile Heart tools, language and philosophy.
- raise awareness about the immense healthcare and environmental costs of unnecessary ART treatments.
Indichova's work and her books emerged through her personal experience and nearly two decades of counseling. The Fertile Heart OVUM Program, documented in her second book, The Fertile Female: How the Power of Longing for a Child Can Save Your Life and Change the World, empowers patients to fully engage in their own healing. Through the use lifestyle adjustments, carefully crafted visualizations and movement, participants address underlying physical and emotional root causes of infertility. See excerpts of the Fertile Heart™OVUM Program on YouTube.
"Among the couples I've worked with," says Indichova, "the average length of trying to conceive has been 3 years, involving an average of 3 failed medical treatments. Eight out of ten women who attend our workshops have been told that egg donation is their only option. And even in this population, I have witnessed women with as many as 15 failed medical treatments conceive naturally after less than a few months of a physical and emotional overhaul.
My hope is that through partnering with healthcare providers for whom the health of their patients trumps all other interests, we can shift our financial investments toward the well being of women and children and the fertility of the earth."
Teleconference: Turning toward Sustainable Reproductive Healthcare – http://www.fertileheart.com/event/3-session-intensive-teleconference-series-an-introduction-to-the-fertile-heart-ovum-practice-2/
Fertile Heart Affiliate Program Sign Up: http://www.fertileheart.com/register-for-the-fertile-heart-fertility-and-wellness-affiliate-program/
Fertile Heart Resource Network Sign Up: http://www.fertileheart.com/register-for-the-fertile-heart-resource-network/
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/infertility-turning-toward-sustainable-reproductive-healthcare-300239510.html
SOURCE Fertile Heart L.L.C.