SAN FRANCISCO, Aug. 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Practice Fusion, the nation's largest doctor-patient community, has hit several significant milestones this year. Expected to reach 200 employees in its San Francisco headquarters this month, the company supports 150,000 medical practitioners serving 50 million patients nationwide. One in four doctors selecting an EHR today chooses Practice Fusion, which is reflected by the 49 percent increase in its users since August 2011. This growth confirms the urgent need for free, accessible and secure EHR systems for the nation's physicians—particularly those in small practices.
"We're democratizing access to EHR technology for physicians. The faster we grow, the more doctors we can help—and the more lives they can save," said Ryan Howard, CEO of Practice Fusion. "This year is especially important for doctors seeking Meaningful Use, and we expect that our momentum is only going to build through the end of this year and into 2013."
- One out of four doctors choosing an EHR today picks Practice Fusion
- Practice Fusion has helped medical professionals nationwide attest for Meaningful Use, with a total of $35.5 million paid to date. Of these, the top states to receive payments include California, Florida and New York
- The average cost for an EHR system is approximately $50,000; by comparison, Practice Fusion is completely free
- Practice Fusion is now connected to more than 100 labs, a 440 percent increase year-over-year, largely thanks to its recently-launched Lab API
- To demonstrate meaningful use of an EHR and qualify for full government incentives, eligible professionals must begin their 90-day reporting period by October 3
To join Practice Fusion in its mission to save patient lives, visit practicefusion.com/careers.
About Practice Fusion
Practice Fusion provides a free, web-based EHR system to physicians. With medical charting, scheduling, e-prescribing (eRx), lab integrations, referral letters, Meaningful Use certification, unlimited support and a Personal Health Record for patients, Practice Fusion's EHR Software addresses the complex needs of today's healthcare providers and disrupts the health IT status quo. Practice Fusion is the fastest growing Electronic Health Record community in the country with more than 150,000 users serving 50 million patients. The company closed a $34 million Series C financing led by Artis Ventures in June. For more information about Practice Fusion, please visit www.practicefusion.com
Location: San Francisco
SOURCE Practice Fusion