Infosys Delivers Holiday Cheer to Hallmark.com Innovative consumer features and improved website performance helps Hallmark more than double online sales
FREMONT, Calif., March 8, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- This holiday season Infosys gave Hallmark.com the perfect gift: A digital consumer solution that allowed customers, during peak holiday traffic, to quickly create, manage and send their personalized holiday greetings faster than ever. The Infosys solution helped Hallmark.com double its online holiday sales.
Highlights / Key Facts
- Through Christmas, New Year's, and Valentine's Day holidays, the Infosys digital e-commerce solution handled five times the normal customer visits as previous holidays with virtually 100 percent up-time.
- Hallmark's online customers experienced a 370 percent improvement in the website's response times, raising Hallmark.com's customer conversion rate 30 percent over the previous year.
- Hallmark.com helps people share their lives with family and friends through one of the most engaging and rewarding online experiences on the web today. Improving the site's performance was key to fulfilling the promise. Infosys answered the challenge by completing the solution before the holidays. The features and benefits of the solution included:
- Quick-Finder: Enables Hallmark.com's consumers to navigate and search the site quicker so that consumers could get to the products they want faster
- Web-to-Print: Enables consumers to personalize greeting cards and use local vendors to print and distribute for overnight delivery
- Reminders: Automatic reminders integrated with addressing, stamping and mailing custom cards for every occasion
- Paul Barker, Vice President, Hallmark Digital: "More than five years ago, Infosys embraced Hallmark's mission to make thoughtfulness easy for our online customers worldwide. This past holiday season Infosys delivered again on Hallmark's mission. Our marketing programs generated tremendous traffic to Hallmark.com, an unprecedented volume of opportunity. Infosys ensured not only that our online business remained open 24x7, but that our newest customer offerings were available, working, responding and ultimately helping to make this one of the best holiday seasons in Hallmark's history."
- Larry Danna, Associate Vice President, Infosys Retail and Consumer Packaged Goods: "Infosys offers the most comprehensive retail digital commerce solutions in the market today. From online product creation to customer experience, Infosys helps Hallmark.com, bringing the most innovative consumer products to the web faster and easier than ever before."
- Off the Shelf: The Retail and CPG Blog
- Infosys' Retail Capabilities
- Infosys' Integration Services Offerings
- Hallmark Corporate
Infosys, Digital Consumer, Consumer Packaged Goods, E-Commerce, Hallmark.com, Integration Services, Retail
About Hallmark Cards, Inc.
Hallmark makes the world a more caring place by helping people express what's in their hearts and spend time together – a privilege few other companies in the world enjoy. Hallmark greeting cards and other products are found in more than 40,000 retail outlets in the U.S., including the network of flagship Hallmark Gold Crown® stores. The brand also reaches people online at Hallmark.com and on television through Hallmark Hall of Fame original movies and cable's top-rated Hallmark Channel. Worldwide, Hallmark offers products in more than 30 languages available in 100 countries. This privately held company is based in Kansas City, Mo., and is led by the third generation of the founding Hall family. Visit http://corporate.hallmark.com for more details.
Many of the world's most successful organizations rely on the 127,000 people of Infosys to deliver measurable business value. Infosys provides business consulting, technology, engineering and outsourcing services to help clients in over 30 countries build tomorrow's enterprise.
Statements in connection with this release may include forward-looking statements within the meaning of US Securities laws intended to qualify for the "safe harbor" under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act. These forward-looking statements are subject to risks and uncertainties including those described in our SEC filings available at www.sec.gov including our Annual Report on Form 20-F for the year ended March 31, 2010, and our other recent filings, and actual results may differ materially from those projected by forward-looking statements. We may make additional written and oral forward-looking statements but do not undertake, and disclaim any obligation, to update them.