NEW YORK, Feb. 4, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- "Infrared detector market expected to be driven by people and motion sensing application"
The infrared detector market is expected to reach USD 405.2 million by 2020, growing at a CAGR of 9.83% between 2015 and 2020. The increasing use of IR detectors in places such as airports, museums, retail shops, and libraries for counting people and for motion detection would drive the infrared detector market. Similarly, the growing awareness of IR detectors in the manufacturing and industrial application, increasing demand for uncooled infrared technology, and wide acceptance of IR detectors in different applications would drive the market.
"Thermophile infrared detectors expected to grow at the highest CAGR between 2015 and 2020"
The market for thermophile infrared detectors is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. Thermophile detectors are widely used for the people and motion sensing application which would drive the market.
"Long-wave infrared radar expected to hold the largest market share and witness rapid growth during the forecast period"
Long-wave infrared radar accounted for the largest share of the infrared detector market in 2014 and is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. This growth is mainly attributed to the increased demand for long-wave infrared detectors in military, surveillance, security, military and defense, industrial, and automotive applications.
Breakup of primaries:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 - 34 %, Tier 2 - 46% and Tier 3 - 20%
- By Designation: C-level - 56%, Director level - 33%, Others - 11%
- By Region: The Americas - 46%, Europe - 27%, APAC - 21%, RoW - 6%
The key players in the market include Excelitas Technologies Corp., (U.S.), Nippon Ceramic Co., Ltd (Japan), Hamamatsu Photonic K.K. (Japan), Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd (Japan), Texas Instruments Inc. (U.S.), Raytheon Company (U.S.), Omron Incorporation (Japan), and Sofradir (France) among others.
Reasons to buy the report:
- This report includes the market statistics pertaining to type, technology, wavelength, application, and geography along with their respective revenue.
- The Porter's five forces framework has been utilized along with the value chain analysis to provide an in-depth insight into the infrared detector market.
- Major drivers, restraints, and opportunities for the infrared detector market have been detailed in this report.
- Illustrative segmentation, analysis, and forecast for markets based on type, technology, application, and geography has been conducted to give an overall view of the infrared detector market.
- The detailed competitive landscape includes key players, in-depth analysis, and revenue of key players.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03596051-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001