SARASOTA, Fla., March 20, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Maxtech International, Inc. is releasing the 2017 edition of its market research report on commercial and dual-use infrared imaging equipment markets (Vol. IRW-C).
In 2016, world infrared imaging markets continued the third straight year of record unit shipments. The number of uncooled detectors increased by nearly 50% to reach one million units. However, severe price reductions have resulted in revenue growth of only 7% - for a total commercial and dual-use market (cooled and uncooled) of $3.4 billion.
The report forecasts market sizes for Infrared Imaging through 2022. Forecasts are provided separately for cooled and uncooled infrared imaging equipment in the following application areas: Predictive Maintenance (electrical and mechanical condition monitoring), Building/HVAC Inspection, Process Control, Research & Development, Traditional Nondestructive Testing, Law Enforcement and Personal Vision Systems (for hunters and sportsmen), Automotive Night Vision, Aircraft Enhanced Vision Systems, Fire Fighting, Surveillance/Security, Optical Gas Imaging (OGI) and Consumer/Emerging (including smartphones). Dual-Use applications covered include Weapon Sights, Driver's Vision Enhancers, Microsensors, Airborne and Ground applications and others. However, strictly military systems (infrared missile seekers, targeting systems, etc.) are not covered in this report.
Market shares of leading supplier companies are provided and Company Profiles for 65 companies worldwide are detailed. Market shares are given for suppliers in a number of key application markets.
What's new in this report?
- Recent dramatic shifts in the market shares for suppliers of uncooled FPAs/Modules and Fire Fighting
- Market forecasts for infrared Optical Gas Imaging (OGI) cameras and Market Shares for Suppliers
- Detailed analysis of the SWIR InGaAs market showing new players, their market shares, market growth and major application areas.
- Market shares for Suppliers of Stirling Cryocoolers –as suppliers of these systems emphasize the importance of low-power, lightweight coolers for HOT FPAs
- New commercial applications for cooled superlattice detectors and high operating temperature ("HOT") FPAs based on nBn/XBn and T2SL (Type Two Superlattice) materials.
For additional information, please see: http://maxtech-intl.com/Info/Volume-IRW-C.aspx
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/infrared-imaging-market-hits-1-million-unit-milestone-300425826.html
SOURCE Maxtech International, Inc.