SCHAUMBURG, Ill., Jan. 19, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Infusion Express, a patient-focused alternative to hospital infusion centers, today announced its second Illinois treatment centers as part of a national expansion of its customer-driven model. Infusion Express brings a new paradigm to the infusion market, offering individuals with chronic conditions the option to enjoy high-quality, personalized care in a convenient, comfortable, private setting with extended hours, including evenings and Saturdays.
Infusion Express is located at 1033 E. Woodfield Rd. in Schaumburg (next to The Goddard School). The first clinic opened on Dec. 13 at 2601 Compass Rd, Suite 140 in Glenview (near The Glen on the corner of Compass Rd. and Patriot Blvd).
A grand opening celebration at the Schaumburg location on Wednesday, Jan. 25 will kick off with a ribbon cutting at 4:00 p.m. (CDT) by the Chamber of Commerce. Infusion Express, which is proud to serve the Crohn's and colitis patient communities, will present a donation to the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America. Healthy refreshments, including gluten-free treats, will be served.
The Schaumburg and Glenview treatment centers are two of several new Infusion Express therapy centers opening in major metro areas. Infusion Express contracts with self-insured employers and most health plans as an in-network provider.
Until now, patients who need regular infusion treatments had just two choices, a hospital or a physician's office. Since infusion treatments can take three to four hours, sometimes longer, this poses a significant disruption to their lives—often compounded by administrative hassles and parking expenses.
"Patients who need regular infusions often are deeply inconvenienced by their conditions and yearn to feel empowered to choose where and when they get treatments. They lead busy lives and wish to minimize treatment disruptions so they can get back to work, school, friends and family," said Don Peterson, CEO, Infusion Express. "That's why we've created a comfortable alternative that offers the same high-quality healthcare they receive at a hospital or doctor's office in a setting where they're treated like a guest, not just a patient."
Infusion Express differs from traditional hospital- and physician office-based infusion services in several important ways:
- Patients are treated like guests in a spa-like setting with private infusion suites to alleviate risk of exposure to infectious diseases. At Infusion Express, all suites are private to be more conducive to healing, and spacious enough to accommodate family members. Suites are equipped with large screen TVs, high-speed Wi-Fi, complimentary snacks and healthy hydration.
- Therapy centers are located in convenient retail and office plazas with ample free parking.
- Treatments cover a wide variety of autoimmune disorders such as Crohn's Disease, ulcerative colitis, rheumatoid arthritis, Multiple Sclerosis, allergic asthma, plaque psoriasis and lupus. Infusion Express also provides treatments for vitamin and mineral deficiencies, Lyme disease, IV immunoglobulin and other blood disorders.
- The cost of infusions is less than hospital-based services, enabling self-insured employers and health plans to provide higher-quality care for their employees and members while lowering their healthcare expense.
- Infusion Express is open six days a week, Monday through Saturday, by appointment. Unlike doctor's offices, Infusion Express does not have set clinic hours as it follows a patient-centered schedule based on what is convenient for the individual.
To schedule an appointment, call (708) 716-0117 in Schaumburg or (224) 803-2292 in Glenview or visit www.infusionexpress.com.
About Infusion Express
Infusion Express (IVXpress, Inc.) delivers safe, clinically necessary drug treatments for patients who seek excellent customer service, comfort and convenience in a healthcare setting. Infusion Express provides a high-quality, cost-effective alternative to hospital or physician office infusion therapy, close to home.
Infusion Express IV therapy centers offer a superior level of service, with private suites, large screen TVs, high-speed Wi-Fi, complimentary snacks and healthy hydration. Flexible hours, including evenings and Saturdays, are available. Treatments cover a wide variety of autoimmune disorders such as Crohn's Disease, ulcerative colitis, rheumatoid arthritis, allergic asthma, Multiple Sclerosis, plaque psoriasis and lupus. Infusion Express also provides treatments for vitamin and mineral deficiencies, Lyme disease, IV immunoglobulin and other blood disorders.
Locations in Kansas, Missouri, Pennsylvania, California and Illinois. Most insurance plans accepted.
Media Contact: Marcia Rhodes; firstname.lastname@example.org; 480-664-8412, ext. 15
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/infusion-express-opens-second-illinois-clinic-in-schaumburg-300393357.html
SOURCE Infusion Express