WASHINGTON, Feb. 13, 2017 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- In the February/March issue of AARP The Magazine (ATM), readers will enjoy an exclusive interview with the most recognizable voice in Hollywood, Morgan Freeman. At age 79, Freeman continues to draw the attention of audiences around the world with his radiant voice, gifted performances and unparalleled talent. Freeman shares a pictorial history of some of his life's most intimate moments while discussing his early life, career, and the people and places he's encountered along the way.
The February/March issue of ATM also includes fascinating articles about entertainment, money, travel and health.
- Movies For Grownups®: AARP celebrates 2016's best movies made for grownups. Virtually all of this year's Movies for Grownups® Awards nominees and winners pay extra-special attention to the unique ebbs and flows of the bonds between people of a certain age. From 'Best Director' and 'Best Actress' to 'Best Movies for Grownups' and 'Best Grownup Love Story,' ATM reveals the winners of one of Hollywood's most anticipated awards event: The 16th annual Movies for Grownups® Awards.
- What I Know Now: The gifted, self-effacing Christopher Walken discusses his luck in landing movie roles, meeting his wife at age 19 and learning life lessons in the kitchen.
- Sex + Age + Madonna: You love her or you hate her, but when it comes to Madonna there's no middle ground! The "material girl" has long pushed the boundaries of sexual expression and desire. Now she's challenging our assumptions about how women age. The February/March ATM analyzes Madonna's ageless attitude, greatest shocks and the softer side of the world's top-grossing female performer.
- The 7 Rules of Smarter Shopping: Americans today are the world's greatest consumers, spending $4 trillion annually on consumer goods. But that doesn't mean it's easy to find the right bargains; shoppers today face more choices than ever, not only in product options but also where to buy, what to pay with, and how to get the best price. The February/March ATM provides the seven rules of smarter shopping to help you cut through all those choices and make the right purchases easily and with confidence.
- 5 Surprising Reasons You're Not Losing Weight: You've dieted, exercised and even tried out that new cleansing fad, but still find the pounds packed on. This month's ATM reveals five surprising reasons you're not losing those unwanted pounds. From medications to the quality of sleep, we outline the possible culprits and smart tips to increase your odds of losing weight.
- Great American Cruises: Why fly to some distant locale when the waters around America are so rich with adventure, luxury and fun? We showcase some of the loveliest boat cruises from a U.S. port of call.
- Travel Easy: Vacations are meant for relaxing and focusing on yourself, not the four common snafus you can avoid while traveling. In the February/March ATM, AARP's travel expert, Samantha Brown, highlights the four steps to making any trip smoother.
- Why "souping" is the new juicing (plus three awesome recipes!); the newest in "smart" luggage; the trendiest eyeglass styles; our predictions of the top 2017 food trends; what's new in automated home devices; and more trends and updates in our reader-beloved UpFront section!
About AARP The Magazine
With more than 37 million readers, AARP The Magazine is the world's largest circulation magazine and the definitive lifestyle publication for Americans 50+. AARP The Magazine delivers comprehensive content through health and fitness features, financial guidance, consumer interest information and tips, celebrity interviews, and book and movie reviews. AARP The Magazine was founded in 1958 and is published bimonthly in print and continually online. Learn more at www.aarp.org/magazine/. Twitter: twitter.com/AARP
AARP is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization, with a membership of nearly 38 million that helps people turn their goals and dreams into 'Real Possibilities' by changing the way America defines aging. With staffed offices in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands, AARP works to strengthen communities and promote the issues that matter most to families such as healthcare security, financial security and personal fulfillment. AARP also advocates for individuals in the marketplace by selecting products and services of high quality and value to carry the AARP name. As a trusted source for news and information, AARP produces the world's largest circulation magazine, AARP The Magazine and AARP Bulletin. AARP does not endorse candidates for public office or make contributions to political campaigns or candidates. To learn more, visit www.aarp.org or follow @aarp and our CEO @JoAnn_Jenkins on Twitter.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/inside-the-februarymarch-issue-of-aarp-the-magazine-300405719.html