SANTA MONICA, Calif., April 14, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- This June, UBM Americas will host the largest advanced manufacturing event on the East Coast, bringing together more than 11,000 industry professionals. Held June 14-16 at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York City, the seven co-located Expos, including medtech powerhouse MD&M East, will cover the full advanced manufacturing cycle, from conception to distribution. More than 900 suppliers will showcase their top innovations, covering a wide range of industry verticals – medical, health & beauty, food & beverage, aerospace, pharma, and more.
"All attending manufacturing professionals will have the chance to start each day of the conference with inspiration from keynote speakers, highly relevant across all industry verticals," said Stephen Corrick, senior vice president and portfolio director of UBM Americas' Advanced Manufacturing group. "We're honored to present top leaders to share their own transformational business experiences and success stories to help attendees realize their potential."
Inspirational, Aspirational and Technical Keynote Speakers will Share how Manufacturing Technology is Accelerating Business
Each morning of the event will open with a thought-provoking keynote address by one of the industry's biggest thinkers in the categories of inspiration, aspiration and technical strategies. For the first time, the keynote presentations will be open to Expo pass holders across all industries. The first two confirmed keynote speakers include:
- Day 1, Inspirational (Tuesday): Dr. Leroy Chiao - Astronaut and Pioneer in Commercial Spaceflight
- In his presentation, Preparing Your Business for the Future – Technology Innovation Trends, Dr. Leroy Chiao will share awe-inspiring stories of his time in space and the implications on technology and business. He'll explain how organizations can take advantage of the next technological phase – which may include thought-controlled computer augmentation, sensors that can identify you instantly, and personalized medicine tailored to your genetics.
- Day 2, Aspirational (Wednesday): Martin McCourt - Former CEO of Dyson
- As the former CEO of Dyson, Martin McCourt has spent more than 40 years working at the heart of British-based manufacturing, design and marketing, and in 2010 was named UK Business Leader of the Year. He has devised and implemented a strategy that transformed the company from a single product, single market producer into one where 80% of the business comes from over 60 markets around the world. In his presentation, Iterative Development: Former CEO of Dyson Reflects on his Experience, Martin will share advice and guidance for success, and his passion for nurturing the next generation of entrepreneurs to become leaders through his straightforward way of thinking.
The third and final keynote at this year's event features a technical theme from a currently trending topic from news headlines around the world. Additional details for the technical keynote will be available in the coming weeks. Keynote presentations will take place at the start of each day of the event, June, 14-16, 9:00-9:45am.
To request a Media Pass to attend keynotes along all seven co-located events, visit: https://newyork.am.ubm.com/2016/registrations/media
Beyond access to the keynote presentations, attendees will have the chance to meet with top suppliers, demo cutting edge innovations, and build relationships with other professionals across the community. From complimentary content on the Expo floor, to exclusive educational opportunities across conference tracks, the event will cover the industry's most trending topics.
To learn more about the seven co-located advanced manufacturing Expos happening June 14-16 at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York, NY, please visit:
- Medical Design & Manufacturing (MD&M) East
- ATX (Automation Technology) East
- Design & Manufacturing Atlantic
- PLASTEC East
- HBA Global
- Quality Expo East
About Advanced Manufacturing Expos & Conferences
UBM's Advanced Manufacturing portfolio is the leading B-to-B event producer, publisher, and digital media business for the world's $3 trillion advanced, technology-based manufacturing industry. Our print and electronic products deliver trusted information to the advanced manufacturing market and leverage our proprietary 1.3 million name database to connect suppliers with buyers and purchase influencers. We produce more than 50 events and conferences in a dozen countries, connecting manufacturing professionals from around the globe. The Advanced Manufacturing portfolio is organized by UBM Americas, a part of UBM plc (UBM.L), an Events First marketing and communication services business. For more information, visit ubmamericas.com.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/inspirational-keynotes-headline-east-coasts-largest-advanced-manufacturing-event-spanning-medtech-automation-packaging--more-300251313.html
SOURCE UBM Americas