InspireMD to Sponsor Satellite Symposium Breakfast Meeting Chaired by Dr. Gregg W. Stone November 9th at TCT 2011
Three-year results of MGuard™ Multicenter Experience in STEMI patients will be presented for the first time; Prof. Eberhad Grube to broadcast 'Live Case' MGuard Deployment on Friday morning
SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 8, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- InspireMD, Inc. (OTC BB: NSPR) ("Inspire" or the "Company"), a medical device company focusing on the development and commercialization of its proprietary stent platform technology, today announced that new clinical findings including a summary of three years collective data will be revealed by doctors at numerous lectures during the Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics (TCT) conference. The conference is scheduled from November 7-11, 2011 at The Moscone Center in San Francisco, CA.
These findings include:
- Long-term three-year follow up of MGuard Multicenter Experience in STEMI (heart attack) Patients by Dr. Federico Piscione to be presented at the InspireMD Breakfast Meeting Symposium
- An update on the MASTER randomized trial by Dr. Gregg W. Stone. Presentation of the TCT-207 poster abstract "Interim Analysis of the IMOS MGUARD International Registry" by Dr. Chaim Lotan at 8 a.m. PT, November 8 in Hall D of the Moscone Convention Center.
- InspireMD's Satellite Symposium will take place Wednesday, November 9th at 7 a.m. PT at the Moscone Convention Center, Room 124. The Satellite Symposium will be chaired by Drs. Marty B. Leon Director, Center for Interventional Vascular Therapy Columbia University Medical Center / New York-Presbyterian Hospital and Gregg W. Stone Director of Cardiovascular Research and Education Columbia University Medical Center / New York-Presbyterian Hospital.. The session, titled "Thrombus Management in STEMI with MGuard Micro-Mesh Technology: Complex Lesions and the MASTER Trial," will reveal new, unprecedented clinical findings of long term MGuard Multicenter Experience in heart attack patients as well as important insights into the MGuard randomized MASTER Trial and case presentations showing MGuard in complex lesions. The meeting faculty includes the distinguished Drs. Alexandre Abizaid, Antonio Colombo, Dariusz Dudek, Chaim Lotan, Federico Piscione, Ashok Seth and Sigmund Silber.
- At 5:25 p.m. PT on Thursday, November 10th in room 104, Dr. Dariusz Dudek will present "Potential for Improved Myocardial Reperfusion with a PTFE Net Covered Stent: Rationale and MASTER Trial Design" as part of "Optimizing Primary PCI for STEMI (Part 2): Drugs, Devices, and Technique, Session IV: "Approaches to Reperfusion Injury and Enhancing Myocardial Recovery.
- At 8 a.m. PT on Friday November 11, Dr. Eberhard Grube will conduct a 'Live Case' broadcast of an MGuard Deployment from Bonn, Germany.
Finally, don't forget to visit InspireMD's booth #517 to learn more about the MGuard Mesh-Based Protective Systems including MGuard Prime and upcoming MGuard carotid solutions. MGuard Prime is an advanced Cobalt Chromium Design with superior flexibility, excellent deliverability. MGuard Prime is indicated for Primary Percutaneous Coronary Intervention for STEMI, Saphenous Vein Grafts and ACS with visible thrombus. MGuard Prime is CE Marked and available in selected territories.
About the Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics (TCT)
The TCT is the world's largest educational meeting specializing in interventional cardiovascular medicine. For more than 20 years, TCT has been the center of new cutting-edge educational content. TCT showcases the latest advances in current therapies and clinical research and our long-standing commitment to life-saving innovation to translate into improved patient care. The conference is from November 7-11, 2011 at The Moscone Center in San Francisco, CA.
About MGuard™ Coronary Stent
MGuard™ presents a novel combination of a coronary stent merged with an embolic protection specifically designed for acute MI patients. The embolic protection is comprised of an ultra-thin polymer micron net that wraps the stent. The MGuard™ stent provides outstanding and lifelong embolic protection, without affecting deliverability. MGuard™ is CE Mark approved. Mesh-based protection is now recommended for use in the recent Guidelines of the Task force of Myocardial Revascularization of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC).
About InspireMD Inc.
InspireMD is a medical device company focusing on the development and commercialization of its proprietary stent system technology, MGuard™. InspireMD intends to pursue applications of this technology in coronary, carotid and peripheral artery procedures. InspireMD is traded on the over-the-counter bulletin board (OTC BB) under the ticker symbol "NSPR".
This press release contains "forward-looking statements." Such statements may be preceded by the words "intends," "may," "will," "plans," "expects," "anticipates," "projects," "predicts," "estimates," "aims," "believes," "hopes," "potential" or similar words. Forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance, are based on certain assumptions and are subject to various known and unknown risks and uncertainties, many of which are beyond the Company's control, and cannot be predicted or quantified and consequently, actual results may differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such risks and uncertainties include, without limitation, risks and uncertainties associated with (i) market acceptance of our existing and new products, (ii) negative clinical trial results or lengthy product delays in key markets, (iii) an inability to secure regulatory approvals for the sale of our products, (iv) intense competition in the medical device industry from much larger, multi-national companies, (v) product liability claims, (vi) our limited manufacturing capabilities and reliance on subcontractors for assistance, (vii) insufficient or inadequate reimbursement by governmental and other third party payers for our products, (viii) our efforts to successfully obtain and maintain intellectual property protection covering our products, which may not be successful, (ix) legislative or regulatory reform of the healthcare system in both the U.S. and foreign jurisdictions, (x) our reliance on single suppliers for certain product components, (xi) the fact that we will need to raise additional capital to meet our business requirements in the future and that such capital raising may be costly, dilutive or difficult to obtain and (xi) the fact that we conduct business in multiple foreign jurisdictions, exposing us to foreign currency exchange rate fluctuations, logistical and communications challenges, burdens and costs of compliance with foreign laws and political and economic instability in each jurisdiction. More detailed information about the Company and the risk factors that may affect the realization of forward-looking statements is set forth in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including the Company's Registration Statement on Form S-1 filed with the SEC on October 12, 2011. Investors and security holders are urged to read these documents free of charge on the SEC's web site at www.sec.gov. The Company assumes no obligation to publicly update or revise its forward-looking statements as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Partner, Hayden IR
SOURCE InspireMD, Inc.
More by this Source
InspireMD to Present at the Cowen & Company 34th Annual Health Care Conference
Feb 27, 2014, 08:30 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.