WABAN, Mass., March 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- A new research report published by Temkin Group, Tech Vendors: Benchmarking Product and Relationship Satisfaction of IT Clients, rates the experiences delivered by 60 large technology providers. The research, which is based on a survey of 800 IT professionals from companies with at least $500 million in annual sales, examines how large enterprises rate IT vendors' products and relationships.
Looking across the two key areas, products and relationships, Intel, Apple, and Cisco earned the highest average ratings. While the average rating across all 60 tech vendors was 50%, eight vendors fell below 40%: Compuware, Wipro, Capgemini, Tata Consulting Services, Unisys, Novell, Qualcomm, and SunGard.
"The research uncovered a wide range of experience delivered by tech vendors when it comes to both products and relationships," states Bruce Temkin, author of the report and Managing Partner of Temkin Group.
To evaluate the relationship experience provided by tech vendors, Temkin Group asked IT professionals to rate the companies in four areas: cost of ownership, innovation, account team support, and technical support. The vendors with the highest relationship ratings are Intel, Apple, Cisco, Google, Microsoft servers, and IBM IT services. The tech vendors that received the lowest relationship ratings are Compuware, Wipro, and Unisys.
To evaluate the product experience provided by tech vendors, Temkin Group asked IT professionals to rate the companies in four areas: ease of use, features, flexibility, and quality. The vendors with the highest product ratings are Intel, Apple, Cisco, Microsoft business applications, Microsoft desktop software, Microsoft servers, Google, Oracle database software, Oracle business applications, and VMWare. The tech vendors that received the lowest product ratings are Compuware, Capgemini, and Wipro.
Highlights from the eight evaluation criteria:
- Cost of ownership: Two tech vendors received ratings of 60% or higher - Google and Intel.
- Innovation: 16 tech vendors received ratings of 60% or higher, while four were above 70% - Apple, Intel, Cisco, and Google.
- Account team support: Seven tech vendors received ratings of 60% or higher, led by Apple, Intel, and Cisco.
- Technical support: Nine tech vendors received ratings of 60% or higher and only Intel is above 70%.
- Product ease-of-use: 13 tech vendors received ratings of 60% or higher and two are above 70% - Intel and Apple.
- Product features: 17 tech vendors received ratings of 60% or higher and two are above 70% - Cisco and Intel.
- Product flexibility: 12 tech vendors received ratings of 60% or higher and only Intel is above 70%.
- Product quality: 17 tech vendors received ratings of 60% or higher and four are above 70% - Intel, Apple, Cisco, and Adobe.
For more information about Temkin Group, visit http://www.temkingroup.com.
About the author, Bruce Temkin
Bruce Temkin is widely recognized as a customer experience thought leader and is Customer Experience Transformist and Managing Partner of the Temkin Group. He is also the author of a very popular blog, Customer Experience Matters. Prior to forming Temkin Group, he was a VP at Forrester Research for 12 years. Bruce is a highly demanded speaker who consistently receives high marks for his content-rich, entertaining keynote addresses. He is also the co-founder and Chair of the Customer Experience Professionals Association (CXPA.org), a global non-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of customer experience management.
About Temkin Group
Temkin Group is a leading customer experience research and consulting firm with one simple goal for its clients: increase customer loyalty by becoming more customer-centric. The company combines customer experience thought leadership with a deep understanding of the dynamics of large organizations to help senior executives accelerate their results. For more information, contact Bruce Temkin at 617-916-2075 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOURCE Temkin Group