LISLE, Ill., June 1, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Navistar announced today that nearly 40 percent of all of its truck and bus dealers have qualified as Diamond EdgeSM Certified in the second quarter of this fiscal year. This notable achievement reflects International's and IC Bus' leadership in overall truck and bus uptime by growing the number of dealers committed to improving service dwell times. Dealers in the country's largest truck and bus dealer network can earn the top honor by achieving rigorous parts and service metrics including customer dwell time, which is the time it takes for a customer to get a truck or bus diagnosed, repaired, and back on the road.
"Customers are saving significant time and money when they service their trucks and buses at one of our Diamond Edge Certified dealers," said Mark Reiter, vice president, Customer Support, Navistar. "Customers are banking approximately $1,000 for every day that their vehicle is not in the shop. When we launched the Diamond Edge Certified Program, we set an ambitious goal to reduce dwell time across our dealerships and our dealers have worked really hard to drive down this important metric."
To reach Diamond Edge Certification status, International Truck and IC Bus dealers must:
- Meet or exceed service dwell time metrics and define long-term action plans for continuous and ongoing service improvements at dealership location
- Provide dedicated Accelerated Service lanes where customers receive vehicle evaluation by a technician and are informed of required repair, required parts and availability, and estimated repair time within two hours of vehicle's arrival
- Enroll new vehicle orders onto the OnCommand™ Connection remote diagnostics system and designate an OnCommand Connection service champion at each service location
- Participate in the dealership inventory alliance (DIA) parts inventory program to ensure common parts are readily available in dealer inventory
Every dealership recognized as Diamond Edge Certified supports International Truck and IC Bus customers with parts availability and service throughout the U.S. and Canada.
"We are proud of all of our dealers who go above and beyond to provide exceptional customer service and to keep our customers' trucks and buses on the road, and we look forward to recognizing more dealers for taking the right action to improve dealership service dwell time," added Reiter.
Navistar International Corporation (NYSE: NAV) is a holding company whose subsidiaries and affiliates produce International® brand commercial and military trucks, proprietary diesel engines, and IC Bus™ brand school and commercial buses. An affiliate also provides truck and diesel engine service parts. Another affiliate offers financing services. Additional information is available at www.Navistar.com.
* All marks are trademarks of their respective owners.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/international-truck-and-ic-bus-recognize-diamond-edge-certified-dealers-300277136.html