International Window Film Association Announces Membership Drive and Readies For Annual Conference
Window Film's Momentum Builds Throughout North America
WASHINGTON, July 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The International Window Film Association (www.IWFA.com), in launching a membership drive and conference registration program, noted significant achievements of the nonprofit association in the last six months.
Recent recognition of window film as an important aftermarket material in the building and automotive markets include:
- A recent vote by the California Energy Commission to include window film in the state building code starting in 2014, the first state in the nation to make this progressive decision.
- A statewide analysis reporting that window film when used in aftermarket application on homes with single pane glass windows in California could gain a greater energy advantage than using R-38 insulation in their home's ceilings.
- Recognition by the Department of Transportation confirming for the first time that window film with a 70 percent visual light transmission is permissible on commercial trucks exceeding 13 tons across the USA.
"Window film's reputation as a smart way to save money on energy and deter many hazardous occurrences from nature and man is becoming widely recognized," said Darrell Smith, executive director of the IWFA. "In addition, the IWFA offers significant benefits to anyone considering membership in the IWFA," added Smith.
IWFA Member benefits include:
- The Dealer Locator system on the IWFA website (www.iwfa.com) that directs contact to dealer members based on the zip code entered.
- Business related education services, accreditations, employment boards, discounts on IWFA materials, legislative support, and co-sponsorship of the annual International Window Film Conference.
- To build on the hundreds of dealers that are already reaping the benefits of membership in the IWFA, the organization is offering an incentive program beginning in July and running until September 30th. The program will recognize member manufacturer representatives, distributor representatives or individual dealers that sign-up the most new members or effect renewals, the opportunity for cash prizes (top 3 winners) through the IWFA Film Star program.
"As part of its membership drive, the IWFA is reminding window film dealers and installers across North America of the many advantages of membership in the IWFA," said Jack Mundy, chair of the IWFA Members Action Committee. "Benefits include an aggressive public education program on the advantages of professionally installed window film and discounts on accreditation courses offered at the upcoming International Window Film Conference (IWFC) in Louisville, Kentucky, from September 20-22nd," Mundy added. The IWFA and Window Film Magazine co-sponsor the IWFC. To register go to: http://www.windowfilmmag.com/iwfc/
The IWFC provides an educational and networking venue for film technicians, company owners, managers and suppliers. In addition to the seminars, accreditation offerings and trade exhibition, the event is host to the International Window Film Tint-Offs™, a popular competition for automotive and architectural technicians to showcase professional expertise in action.
To learn more about the IWFA program please call 276 666 4932 or go to: http://www.iwfa.com/ContactUs.aspx
About the International Window Film Association
The International Window Film Association (IWFA) (http://www.iwfa.com) is a unified industry body of window film dealers, distributors, and manufacturers that facilitates the growth of the industry by providing unbiased research, influencing policy and promoting awareness of window film. The organization builds alliances with trade associations, utilities and government agencies to advance dealers' and distributors' businesses and provide value to their customers. Window film installers are encouraged to attend the International Window Film Conference by registering at http://windowfilmmag.com/iwfc/register_attendee_iwfc.php.
617 372 1539
SOURCE International Window Film Association
More by this Source
Tax Credits For Energy Saving Window Film End Soon
Nov 26, 2013, 09:30 ET
New Booklet Reports on the Harmful Effect of Indoor Sunlight and How to Prevent It
Oct 16, 2013, 10:06 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.