NEW YORK, May 31, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Internet of Things Vendor Landscape—Embedded Hardware & Systems : Service Bundling and Ecosystem Building are Key to Market Differentiation
This research service provides an analysis of the hardware and devices market in the Internet of Things (IoT) sector. It assesses various market trends in communication modules and hardware and software in embedded systems. It also includes company profiles of leading market participants in these 3 sectors and highlights the strategies used by them to compete in the market. In addition, strategic insights on growth opportunities for device manufacturers in the IoT market are included. A brief estimation of the future of the IoT hardware market, along with an analysis of the current market landscape, is furnished.
-Embedded systems suppliers are striving for market share in the burgeoning IoT market via several strategies. Service bundling from silicon to cloud offers customers a package for test and development and faster time to market. Ecosystem building and acquisitions are also key to market differentiation as vendors seek to fill solution gaps.
- The disparate requirements of IoT applications create a fertile environment for developers and for open source tools and solutions. The Linux Foundation's Zephyr project, for example, proposes a modular, open source Real Time Operating System (RTOS) that developers can customise for multiple use cases.
- The ratification of the Narrowband-IoT (NB-IoT) LTE standard and the growing deployments of proprietary low-power WAN (LPWAN) alternatives will accelerate the market for devices and hardware. Communication module manufacturers and device OEMs now have a standardised option for LPWAN, rather than having to risk investment in multiple proprietary options.
Convergence of Devices Market
The growing requirement for IoT is driving consolidation within and across the hardware and software market for vendors to provide end-to-end IoT solutions.
- For example, major silicon vendors, such as Renesas and Intel, among others, provide cloud platforms for device management and analytics along with embedded system hardware, connectivity modules, and pre-loaded embedded operating systems as part of their IoT solutions.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- What are the factors driving the hardware and devices market in the IoT space?
- Who are the major participants in the markets for communication modules, embedded systems, and operating systems?
- What competitive strategies are companies adopting?
- What is the likely impact of open source technologies on the embedded systems market?
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03862985-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: email@example.com
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/internet-of-things-vendor-landscapeembedded-hardware--systems-300277272.html