LIMA, Peru, Sept. 13, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- comScore, Inc. (NASDAQ: SCOR), a leader in measuring the digital world, today announced its inaugural State of the Internet presentation for Peru. The presentation will provide insights into the latest trends in the market including analysis of the top online activities and brands that are shaping Peru's digital landscape. For more information and to register for comScore's complimentary webinar The State of the Internet in Peru on September 15, please visit: https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/537647737
Key findings highlighted in the presentation include:
- In July 2011, 4.2 million people age 15 and older accessed the Internet from a home or work location in Peru.
- Internet users in Peru averaged nearly 27 hours online during July 2011, making it one of the most engaged markets in Latin America.
- The most-visited destinations in Peru are Google Sites, Microsoft Sites and Facebook.com.
- Time spent online in Peru is highly concentrated: Social Networking, Instant Messaging, E-mail and Entertainment account for 65 percent of all online minutes.
- 9 out of 10 web users in Peru visited social networking sites in July, with Facebook.com leading as the most-visited social networking destination in the country.
- Peruvians enjoy communicating online. 85 percent of the country's Internet population accessed e-mail in July, while 75 percent of people used instant messengers.
- Retail site visitation in Peru is below the global and regional average with only a little more than half of the country's online population visiting the Retail category.
comScore's Jonathan Montoya, country manager for Peru, will present further insights on key trends in Peru's online market during a live, complimentary webinar, The State of the Internet in Peru, on Thursday, September 15 from 10:00AM – 11:00AM COT. Please note the webinar will be conducted in Spanish. For more information and to register, please visit: https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/537647737
SOURCE comScore, Inc.