LONG BEACH, Calif., March 1, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Research shows that swimming regularly can lower stress hormones, reduce anxiety and depression, and improve sleep patterns and overall fitness levels. Swimming is a fun way to unwind and destress, get together with friends and family, and can serve as a low impact way to help burn calories; in fact, an hour of vigorous swimming will burn up to 650 calories.
Despite the fact that according to the CDC swimming is the most popular recreational activity for children and teens aged 7-17 in the U.S, many families find it a challenge to get out and swim as often as they'd like due to the fact that they are restricted by cost, distance or access.
"In this busy world, it is easy to get caught up in day-to-day hassles that sometimes keep us from being in the water," said Marvin Natareno, Marketing Manager, Intex Recreation Corp. "At Intex, everything we do centers around quality, value and family time. That is why we offer a broad array of above ground pool options, pool floats and novelty floats, that will enable just about anyone to enjoy the health benefits and fun times of having a pool."
Intex pools, the worldwide leader in above ground pools, is kicking off pool season this year with an enhanced lineup of pool options for most yards and budgets:
- New Intex Prism Frame™ Pools – Inspired by Intex's top-of-the-line Ultra Frame™ Rectangular pools, the new Prism Frame™ Pools offer many of the same benefits, with smaller dimensions to fit a wider variety of yards. All Prism Frame pools feature Intex's patented Hydro Aeration™ Technology, a unique feature that increases air content in the water to boost the filters ability to remove sediment, leaving pool water crisp, clear and silky. Easy to set up, Intex Prism Frame pools boast a unique cool blue/gray color with white trim for a fresh look to complement today's modern patio décor. The Prism Frame line features models in three convenient sizes and shapes, including: 15 ft. and 24 ft. round pools and 16 ft. x 8 ft. rectangular pools. The 16ft X 8ft X 42in Prism Frame Pool Set includes a ladder, ground cloth, debris cover, 110-120 Volt Cartridge Filter Pump with 1,000 gallons (3,785 L) per hour flow rate. (MSRP $499.99 - $699.99 available at Amazon, Target and K-Mart)
- Intex Ultra Frame® Pools – The Intex Ultra Frame® line offers bigger pool sizes for people who want the perfect mix of strength and value. Featuring everything you need to immediately set up and enjoy, Intex Ultra Frame® line is great for lap swimmers, pool games and narrow backyards. Ultra-Frame pools feature: durable powder coated steel frames featuring an innovative design with Intex's Easy Lock System™ for easy assembly; durable, puncture-resistant 3 ply pool liners; dual suction outlet fittings for improved water circulation; and Intex's patented Hydro Aeration Technology™. The Ultra Frame line features sizes to fit many yards, including: 14 ft., 15 ft., 16 ft., 18 ft., 20 ft., 22 ft. and 26 ft. round pools as well as 18 ft. x 9 ft., 24 ft. x 12 ft. and 32 ft. x 16ft rectangular pools. (Available at Amazon, Walmart, Target, Kmart and more. Prices vary according to size and shape).
- Enjoy all the benefits of a clean pool without the hassle of dangerous, packaged chlorine with safe, natural, environmentally friendly, pure salt with the Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater® system available in two convenient sizes to handle pools up to 7,000 gallons or pools up to 15,000 gallons. The Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System is an easy to install, in-line natural chlorine generator that converts the natural salt dissolved in the pool water into natural chlorine to keep your pool clean and fresh. With this system, the salt content in the pool is far less than in the ocean and even less than that found in tears, resulting in fresh, crystal clear water. (MSRP $199.49-$239.49 visit http://www.intexcorp.com)
Capitalize on the newest summer trend of novelty floats to encourage kids and adults alike to get outdoors with the next generation of durable and unique options from Intex novelty floats including:
- New Intex INFLATABULL™ Rodeo Bull Ride On Float – Be brave and enjoy a fun bull-riding experience on the water with Intex® INFLATABULL™! Perfect for riders ages 9+, the INFLATABULL™ provides families and friends with hours of challenging fun. Featuring durable construction and three air chambers, the Intex® INFLATABULL™ is a great accessory for pools. ($48.88 at Walmart.com, Amazon and select retailers)
- Intex Inflatable Mega Duck, Mega Swan or Mega Flamingo Island Floats – Take your relaxation and fun to a whole new level with Intex's mega-sized pool floats. Not your typical pool float, these oversized fashionable floating islands offer durable construction and striking designs that will make you the envy of every pool goer you meet. ($29.96 at Walmart.com and select retailers)
- New Intex Mega Toucan and Mega Pegasus Island Floats – Showcase your exotic nature with the new Intex Inflatable Mega Toucan and Mega Pegasus Island Floats. Featuring multiple air chambers and thick PVC construction for added durability and hours of enjoyment, these floats include sturdy handles to make boarding a breeze. ($29.96 at Walmart.com and select retailers)
- New Intex Watermelon Island, Popsicle Float– Enjoy group fun and colorful options perfect for the pool, river or lake with the entertaining new summer series of Intex pool floats. Drawing inspiration from fresh summer treats including ice cream, popsicles and watermelons, Intex's newest additions feature durable PVC construction and multiple air chambers for extended durability and life. (MSRP $19.99 available on Amazon and select retailers)
For more information on Intex summer products, visit http://www.intexcorp.com/store/floats-toys.
About Intex Recreation Corp.
Intex Recreation Corp. (Intex) is the world leader in inflatable products and above ground pools and is one of the most recognizable, trusted and innovative companies in the industry. For over 40 years, Intex has produced and marketed high-quality products including airbeds, above ground pools, spas, toys, furniture, boats and more. Intex is part of a worldwide family of companies whose objective is to deliver the highest quality products designed for comfort and fun and routinely tests finished products to make sure they meet our elevated standards for quality, safety and value. Intex is committed to decreasing its carbon footprint and for over 10 years, has worked to reduce the amount of fossil fuels used by implementing a comprehensive PVC recycling program. Learn more about the Intex lineup of high quality products at www.intexcorp.com.
Intex Recreation Corp. – Commitment to Safety
Intex Recreation Corp. is dedicated to the safe use of all of its products. While all accidents cannot be prevented, practicing good safety habits, setting and following rules, carefully reading instruction manuals and vigilant supervision can greatly reduce the likelihood of injury as well as reduce injury severity. Please take time to review all safety information to assist in keeping you and your family safe this summer: http://www.intexcorp.com/safety-information-pools.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/intex-helps-make-it-easier-to-benefit-from-swimming-300415985.html
SOURCE Intex Recreation Corp.