MOUNT LAUREL, N.J., Nov. 15, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Dr. Oetker, a family-owned company with more than 125 years of delivering high quality food experiences around the world, is announcing that the same great-tasting ingredients from Ristorante Pizza are arriving in the US with a bold new package and under a fresh new name: Virtuoso Pizza. It's the same delicious taste but with a new brand name and updated packaging to more accurately reflect the best-in-class, quality pizza that has always been inside the box.
For years, Dr. Oetker has been committed to delivering pizza that brings home the simple and joyful pleasures of time well spent with family and friends. Now, with the conversion from Ristorante to Virtuoso, the company adds a new look to the freezer aisle and a fresh perspective to routine dinners.
"We are incredibly proud to introduce Dr. Oetker Virtuoso in the US, which comes as the result of extensive consumer research and careful consideration," said William Whalen, Executive Vice President at Dr. Oetker USA. "Virtuoso is a high quality pizza with the same fresh-tasting ingredients and distinctive flavor combinations many consumers already know and love from Ristorante."
The name Virtuoso epitomizes Dr. Oetker's celebrated qualities of artistic excellence and skill, and the Virtuoso is someone who excels above and beyond in the performance of their chosen art form. In this case, it's crafting best-in-class, premium pizza by applying very deliberate techniques, imagination and creativity to give rise to masterfully delicious pizza from the crust up.
Virtuoso is made with the same exact recipe and ingredients as Ristorante and is available in the same nine delicious, uniquely-flavored varieties—with more to come in the near future. The current varieties include:
- Mozzarella & Pesto: 100% real mozzarella and Edam cheeses, sun-ripened tomatoes, crushed pesto and our signature sauce.
- Signature Spinach: Farm-grown leafy spinach, 100% real mozzarella, our signature sauce and swirls of hearty garlic sauce.
- Pepperoni Pesto: Thinly sliced flavor-rich pepperoni, 100% real mozzarella cheese, basil, crushed pesto and our signature sauce, drizzled with olive oil.
- Vegetable Medley: Fresh-picked sun-ripened cherry tomatoes, colorful bell peppers, red onions, pickled pepperoncini peppers, basil, 100% real mozzarella and Edam cheeses and our signature sauce.
- Mushroom: Overflowing with mushrooms, 100% real mozzarella and Edam cheeses along with our signature sauce.
- Seasoned Chicken: Tender, seasoned chicken, farm-grown spinach, sun-ripened tomatoes, basil, 100% real mozzarella and Edam cheeses, and our signature sauce.
- Pepperoni & Ham: Savory slices of pepperoni, cooked ham, 100% real mozzarella and Edam cheeses, our signature sauce and an herb blend for that extra kick.
- Four Cheese: An enticing blend of 100% real cheeses, including mozzarella, Edam, Emmentaler, blue cheese, basil seasoning and our signature sauce.
- Tomato & Goat Cheese: 100% real mozzarella, Edam and goat cheeses, fresh-picked sweet cherry and sun-dried tomatoes, crushed pesto and our signature sauce.
Virtuoso is available in all grocery stores that previously carried Ristorante. Check the Virtuoso store locator to see where you can find Virtuoso near you. For the latest updates, follow Virtuoso on Facebook.
About Dr. Oetker
The Dr. Oetker Company was started in Bielefeld, Germany in 1891 with the development of baking powder, Backin, which guaranteed perfect baking results for home cooks. More than 30 years ago, the first frozen pizza was launched in Germany and, today, operates in various countries around the world. After launching in the US in 2009, Dr. Oetker USA rebranded Ristorante Pizza to Virtuoso in October 2016. Dr. Oetker also produces Ellio's Pizza, a family favorite brand with more than 50 years of in the history in the United States. For more information please visit www.oetker.us.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/introducing-dr-oetker-virtuoso-pizza-a-best-in-class-frozen-pizza-300360875.html
SOURCE Dr. Oetker