CONSHOHOCKEN, Pa., Sept. 6, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Quaker Chemical Corporation (NYSE: KWR, "Quaker"), a global chemical specialty supplier of metalworking fluids with insights to assist in the production of critical automotive parts, heavy equipment machinery, precision aerospace pieces, critical bearings, and intricate metal components, will have their experts on site to present informative, technical solutions at IMTS 2016. IMTS is the premier manufacturing and technology show for the metalworking industry that runs from September 12-17 in Chicago, Illinois, and the presentations will take place at Quaker's exhibit space in the West Building – Booth 310 featuring:
- Cleaning and Corrosion Protection with Thin, Imperceptible Film Technology on Monday & Wednesday at 10:30 AM & 2:30 PM. Unique industrial cleaner chemistry designed to meet the severe demands of vacuum drying processes presented by Scott Pardel, Product Manager North America.
- Machining Of Cast Aluminum Alloys on Tuesday & Thursday at 10:30 AM. Highlighting the role of metalworking fluids and the challenges in machining aluminum as well as various factors influencing machinability and fluid performance presented by Dr. Bob Evans, Metalworking Senior Research Scientist North America.
- Machining Of Bi-Metal (Cast Aluminum-Powdered Ferrous Metal) Components on Tuesday & Thursday at 2:30 PM. Discussing the current understanding and approach to studying bi-metal machining of cast aluminum – sintered ferrous powdered metal parts presented by Dr. Bob Evans, Metalworking Senior Research Scientist North America.
As the automotive industry continues to strive for improved fuel economy and reduced emissions, new materials and processes are being utilized to achieve vehicle weight reduction, increased engine performance, and to maintain or increase the overall performance and safety of the vehicle. The current focus towards light weight engine components is leading to the use of highly engineered materials with lower machinability which creates various machining challenges. Quaker will be highlighting the QUAKERCOOL® 700 and 7000 Series metal removal fluids along with QUAKERCLEAN® 680 VDA to overcome these challenges:
- QUAKERCOOL® 700 & 7000 Series - These 6 new formulations reduce the historical use of hazardous materials such as boron, formaldehyde, and other substances of concern. The improved emulsion characteristics in several of the fluids directly influence plant metrics by reducing the chemical consumption or water usage per part, while defending against traditional coolant degrading materials like tramp oils. Other benefits include excellent biostability, no to low foam, exceptional emulsion stability as well as flexibility with materials, operations and water hardness.
- QUAKERCLEAN® 680 VDA - a new fast drying process cleaner which delivers a consistent, imperceptible thin film protection against corrosion. Excellent for any application that requires minimal residue after the final wash process, this fluid cleans and protects ferrous and non-ferrous surfaces in a single processing step, simplifying operations and keeping inventory costs low.
Stop by Quaker's W-310 booth and race a full size NASCAR simulator for a chance to win a DJI Phantom 3 Quadcopter Drone with a 2.7K HD video camera.
For more information on the Quaker booth activities please visit: https://www.quakerchem.com/imts-2016/
For more specific information on the QUAKERCOOL® 700 and 7000 Series portfolio, please visit: http://www.quakerchem.com/QUAKERCOOL7SERIES.
For more information on Quaker Chemical and its full product line offerings, please visit quakerchem.com
About Quaker Chemical Corporation
Quaker Chemical Corporation is a leading global provider of process fluids, chemical specialties and technical expertise to a wide range of industries, including steel, aluminum, automotive, mining, aerospace, tube and pipe and cans. For nearly 100 years, Quaker has helped customers around the world achieve production efficiency, improve product quality, and lower costs through a combination of innovative technology, process knowledge and customized services. Headquartered in Conshohocken, Pennsylvania, USA, Quaker serves businesses worldwide with a network of dedicated and experienced professionals whose mission is to make a difference. Visit quakerchem.com to learn more.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/introducing-metalworking-fluids-for-todays-machining-challenges-300322857.html
SOURCE Quaker Chemical Corporation