BOSTON, Feb. 23, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- My Blend, a new lifestyle email curation app for iPhone launched today to bring together newsletters, promotions, and blogs into one beautifully curated visual feed - My Blend! Combining personalization and productivity, My Blend unclutters your email and presents all your lifestyle content as a personalized magazine, allowing consumers to decide what they'd like to keep, unsubscribe from or save for later. Consumers now have greater control and creativity in experiencing all the content and offers that often get overlooked in the daily email blur.
My Blend is designed to complement, not replace your email client. Simply sign up with your existing email account and My Blend automatically filters all of your lifestyle emails into your Blend feed. Now all your lifestyle emails are out of your inbox and put in a context that is much more enjoyable, visually appealing and meaningful. Clutter-free, your inbox is cleaner, more streamlined and manageable. Now you can see what you want to see when you want to see it.
Through My Blend's unique Discover feed, users can see suggestions for additional content and offers - including articles, recipes and more - based on the things they already like. When you find an author or brand you love in Discover, you can add them to your Blend to receive more of what you love every day. My Blend also enables users to set reminders to return to interesting articles or deals and share content with friends by tapping the Blend button. Suddenly, all of your lifestyle content turns from passive promotions into an active source of daily inspiration.
The My Blend app helps consumers take control of their lifestyle content in a number of ways:
- Visual Feed: Images are front and center, giving you a glimpse of what's inside your newsletters, promotions and articles so you can jump into what you want and glance over everything else.
- Cleaner Inbox: My Blend gives you the option to automatically move your lifestyle emails from your inbox into a folder (called @Blend). Your cleaned up inbox will only show personal and business emails while your lifestyle emails go to the @Blend folder.
- Instant Unsubscribe: My Blend makes unsubscribing visual and fun. With just a few swipes, you can unsubscribe from unwanted emails immediately and in bulk.
- Blend Content: Find something you think a friend will love? Tap the Blend icon to select and share with friends.
- Reminders: Never miss a beat. Let My Blend remind you about that article, deal or newsletter you saw by setting a reminder for a time that works for you.
- Discover: My Blend's Discover feed has new content to match your interests. Find something you love and add it to your Blend.
- Zero Setup: Sign in to your email, and that's it! Your lifestyle emails are automatically filtered into your Blend feed, and all of your lifestyle content now lives in one place.
"The traditional email model is old and broken, and everybody battles the daily newsletter content overload in their Inbox," said Raffaele Colella, Co-founder of My Blend. "My Blend is the first step towards better email, turning that daily battle into a beautiful personalized magazine by aggregating email content from publishers, blogs and brands, helping deliver a more curated, personalized and ultimately meaningful lifestyle content experience."
My Blend was created by Raffaele Colella (CEO) and Andrew Lai (CTO) and inspired by Colella's experience as co-founder of Cannonball, an email management app focused on productivity and efficiency. The company has just closed $400k in new financing (bringing the total funding to $1.7 million) from a mix of tech and financial investors including Raj Aggarwal (CEO at Localytics), Tom Wisniewski (Partner at Newark Ventures), Mike Dornbrook (former COO of Harmonix), Alessandro Piol (Managing Partner at AlphaPrime), Robert Pozen (former Chairman of MFS Investment Management), and Robert Merton (Nobel Laureate). Doug Williams (former VP of engineering at Zipcar and Runkeeper) and Craig Palli (CSO at Fiksu) sit on the Board of Advisors.
Commenting on the launch of My Blend, Lead Investor and Board Member Ed Roberts of MIT said, "My Blend hits a rare sweet spot of increased efficiency and productivity combined with the creativity of great design and personalized content. It provides the best way to consume and manage daily email newsletters, blogs and other promotions."
The My Blend App is available for free on the App Store for iPhone. My Blend: a magazine of your lifestyle emails and blogs
About My Blend:
My Blend is a new lifestyle app dedicated to turning email newsletters, blogs and brand promotions into a personalized, curated, visually stunning magazine. Unclutter your inbox and let My Blend manage your lifestyle content. For more information please visit www.myblendapp.com.
SOURCE My Blend