PORTLAND, Ore., Sept. 9, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
It rides like a bicycle and works like a pick-up truck. The revolutionary electric 2x4 Cargo Bike is using patent-pending technology to deliver more than 100 pounds of goods to customers in urban centers where vehicles either can't go due to traffic congestion or can't park due to high cost in time and money.
Creators at NTS Works, a start-up company based in Santa Cruz, Calif., are using their experience as founders, inventors, designers and battery technology developers at Zero Motorcycles to produce the 2x4 (pronounced "two-by-four") electric cargo delivery bicycle.
Where and When:
- NTS Works founder and CEO Neal Saiki will be in Portland on Monday, Sept. 9 and Tuesday, Sept. 10 with the 2x4 Cargo Bike.
- Monday, Sept. 9, 2-6 p.m., Splendid Cycles, 1407 SE Belmont St., Portland, OR 97214, 503.954.2620.
- Tuesday, Sept. 10, 12- 4 p.m., Clever Cycles, 900 Hawthorne Blvd., Portland, OR 97214, 503.334.1560.
- Neal will be available for media interviews to talk about the bike and his experience as founder of NTS Works, and his technical and business background as founder of Zero Motorcycles. We also will have local cargo bike experts at each location.
- Neal can be reached by mobile phone at 831.247.2015, or via email: neal@NTSWorks.com; media inquiries can be directed to Michael Coates (408.399.9081 or email@example.com or Tom Fulks (916.508.3837 or firstname.lastname@example.org) of Mightycomm.
- Technology story:
- The 2x4 Cargo Bike's revolutionary design carries up to eight bags of groceries, or more than 100 pounds of cargo.
- It handles just like a regular bike under load. What sets 2x4 Cargo Bike apart from other delivery bikes is the new and unique way of steering the cargo. The patent-pending steering mechanism – unlike anything currently available in the biking world – places the cargo load directly over the front wheel for the best possible balance, handling and maneuverability in tight urban environments.
- The 2x4 pedal assist senses the rider's energy/power needs and adds three levels of power for flats, hills and acceleration.
- The 2x4's battery technology uses the highest quality lithium ion cells available, with 500 watt hours for a real world range of 30 miles. The battery has a lifetime warranty, which no other e-bike maker offers. The 2x4's drive train is waterproof.
- The 2x4 Cargo Bike is a real bicycle, in that it requires pedaling to move forward. A steady and maintainable workout is provided to the rider regardless of cycling skill. The 2x4's smart pedal sensor design provides just enough juice to get up grades without the rider having to get out of the saddle, stand on the pedals and grind out a sweaty climb.
- Entrepreneur story: Neal Saiki is the founder of Zero Motorcycles, a successful electric motorcycle company, and an inventor (battery technology is one of his areas of expertise). Neal is a lifelong cyclist and has applied his knowledge to designing and building an electric bicycle that works for the task at hand and meets a need at a reasonable price.
- Environmental story: The 2x4 Cargo Bike is on the leading edge for environmentally sound local delivery in urban areas, offering zero emissions, pedal power with an electric assist (for hills, etc.), new battery technology and a new, smart way to deliver goods in congested urban centers.
- Coolness story: This is a really great bike. You've just got to see it to appreciate the creative design and ride it under load to appreciate how totally awesome it is.
SOURCE NTS Works