Introducing The New Scoop.it Scoop.it Unveils New Redesign Highlighting User's "Insight" to Increase Online Visibility for Professionals and Businesses
SAN FRANCISCO, Dec. 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Scoop.it, one of the fastest growing social media platforms used by professionals to develop their visibility online through topic-centric content curation, announced today an all-new version of its platform with a key new feature that highlights user's "Insight."
"Two years ago, we started a journey to help the marketers, the consultants, the small business owners who don't have four hours a day to blog," said Guillaume Decugis, co-founder and CEO of Scoop.it. "There are six million small or mid-sized businesses in the U.S. We want to give them and professionals a voice to share important ideas with the right audience because that's the meaningful and impactful way to increase their visibility online."
This latest iteration comes after several weeks of beta testing and feedback cycles from Scoop.it's rapidly growing global community. Scoop.it is now rolling out these validated changes to their more than five million unique visitors per month. The new version also includes:
- Insight: The aptly named "Insight" feature allows a user to quickly enrich and personalize any article, video or image they post to their networks with personal commentary and unique perspective. The Insight feature was designed specifically to draw attention to the Scoop.it user's point of view. Instead of simply being able to comment on a piece of content, the Scoop.it user's Insight is highlighted and is customizable using a Wysiwyg-style editor – allowing users to add/edit images, edit its layout and give meaningful context to the content they curate.
- User Experience: Scoop.it's sleek, sophisticated responsive design and user experience update creates a better environment for users to be discovered by an audience with similar interests.
- Redesigned bookmarklet: Praised by the community as the simplest way to curate any Web content to one's topic page, the Scoop.it bookmarklet also becomes a Wysiwyg editor giving even greater control while keeping it fast and easy.
- Community: The new Scoop.it builds community through relationships and interests without the noise found on social networks. Scoop.it's community feature shows the user's social connections from Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn, and if those connections are on Scoop.it, which topics they are curating.
- Notifications: The new notification functionality encourages content discovery through the social graph and provides updates on the user's community. Notifications are also more accessible by being hosted permanently on the user's homepage.
- Social Sign In: Professionals with LinkedIn accounts can now leverage their existing presence on the LinkedIn website by signing into Scoop.it with their LinkedIn credentials and seamlessly sharing content with their contacts and professional groups. Facebook and Twitter sign in is also available.
- Redesigned Content Suggestions: Scoop.it's content recommendation algorithm makes it easy for users to never fall short of inspiration.
Scoop.it's new rollout comes on the heels of announcing new integrations with SlideShare, Hootsuite and Buffer, which allow users to optimize their social media publishing as part of a content marketing strategy or for their own professional development. Scoop.it is on a steady growth path, exceeding five million unique visitors per month in just one year since public launch in November 2011 and averaging 1,500 new signups per day.
Scoop.it (www.scoop.it) lets you share ideas that matter and shine on the Web through beautiful topic pages. Collect relevant content and add your insight to attract an avid audience. Whether you're a professional or educator representing a business or nonprofit, Scoop.it will help you efficiently and effectively build your online presence. Scoop.it is a one-stop shop for social media and content curation publishing. When you post on your topic page, you can easily share to your social networks including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Google+. Advanced analytics is available on Scoop.it Pro; and customizable pages, post scheduling and Wordpress integration are available on Scoop.it Business. Launched in November 2011, Scoop.it is headquartered in San Francisco, Calif. with offices in Toulouse, France. Scoop.it has received Series A funding from Partech International, Orkos, Elaia and IXO.