TORRANCE, Calif., Dec. 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- HO HO…UH OH! While surfing the internet awaiting their big night out, Santa's reindeer discovered a last-minute travel deal to spend the holidays in Hawaii and immediately departed for the tropics. In a panic, Santa called Lexus for help.
"I know Lexus delivers the best customer experience in the industry, so I called to see if they could help me out," said Santa. "I needed a self-propelled sleigh with every bell and whistle to complete my task of delivering toys to all the good boys and girls around the world."
"When we got the call from Santa, we immediately sprang into action," said Lexus General Manager Mark Templin. "We couldn't bear the thought of leaving the big guy high and dry. Our elves and engineers are proud to introduce the 'Lexus Flying Luxury Cruiser,' or LFLC for short."
The new Lexus Flying Luxury Cruiser features:
- An advanced Lexus Hybrid Drive system with 800 reindeerpower which creates fewer emissions than even a single reindeer. It also features an EV mode to allow Santa to stealthily land on every rooftop
- Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert to make Santa aware of any objects around him (like chimneys) to ensure safe maneuvering
- Advanced Pre-Collision System to gauge if Santa is approaching an object too quickly in which case it will slow down and stop the Cruiser, helping prevent Grandma from getting run over
- Lexus Navigation System with e-Destination so Santa can send all the addresses for the nice children to his Cruiser in advance.
- Lexus Enform® with a Pandora® playlist that includes all Santa's favorite tunes from "Grinch Live from Whoville," "Frosty and the Snowmen" and the ever-popular band "Ebenezer and the Scrooges."
- A large, red LED and infrared light with stereo cameras for the front of his sleigh so he can see on a foggy night without Rudolph.
Of course, the LFLC comes with a lifetime warranty and Lexus' 24-Hour Roofside Assistance for Santa and Mrs. Claus' peace of mind.
"I can't thank Lexus enough for making sure all the girls and boys around the world have a great Christmas," said Santa, with a twinkle in his eye. "You'll go down in history."
Note to Editors: A photo of the Lexus Flying Luxury Cruiser is available on www.lexusnewsroom.com