ARLINGTON, Va. and CHICAGO, May 17, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Bloomberg BNA and Baker & McKenzie today announced the full lineup of speakers for the 6th Annual Bloomberg BNA and Baker & McKenzie Global Transfer Pricing Conference: Washington, DC, in association with the Tax Management Education Institute, which is being held June 8-9 at the National Press Club. The conference features government and corporate officials who will share essential insights into the rapidly-evolving transfer pricing landscape. Registration and additional information for this must-attend event is available at http://on.bna.com/4nqwOS.
The conference features four senior government officials who will deliver keynote addresses:
- Robert Stack, Department of the Treasury, Deputy Assistant Secretary for International Tax Affairs, providing insight into the US response to the OECD's BEPS initiative
- Mike Williams, HM Treasury, Director of Business and International Tax, sharing the UK's position on recent transfer pricing developments
- Gert-Jan Koopman, European Commission, Competition Directorate, Deputy Director‑General for State Aid, discussing the EC's position on State Aid
- Ted Setzer, Internal Revenue Service, Assistant Deputy Commissioner – International, discussing the recent IRS Large Business and International (LB&I) reorganization
The senior tax counsel from the Senate Finance Committee and the House Ways and Means Committee will discuss the challenges and prospects for corporate tax reform in the coming year. Panelists include:
- Barbara M. Angus, House Committee on Ways and Means, Republican Chief Tax Counsel
- Aruna Kalyanam, House Committee on Ways and Means, Democratic Tax Counsel
- Mark Prater, Senate Finance Committee, Republican Chief Tax Counsel
- J. Todd Metcalf, Senate Finance Committee, Democratic Chief Tax Counsel
The conference will feature sessions on country-by-country reporting, intangibles, European Union State Aid, attribution of profits to permanent establishments, dispute resolution, pending transfer pricing court cases, customs and a variety of other critical topics.
Conference attendees are eligible to earn up to 15 CLE/CPE credits.
About Bloomberg BNA
Bloomberg BNA, a wholly owned subsidiary of Bloomberg, is a leading source of legal, regulatory, and business information for professionals. Its network of more than 2,500 reporters, correspondents, and leading practitioners delivers expert analysis, news, practice tools, and guidance — the information that matters most to professionals. Bloomberg BNA's authoritative coverage spans a full range of legal practice areas, including tax & accounting, labor & employment, intellectual property, banking & securities, employee benefits, health care, privacy & data security, human resources, and environment, health & safety.
About Baker & McKenzie
Founded in 1949, Baker & McKenzie is one of the world's largest law firms, advising many of the world's most dynamic and successful business organizations through our 12,000 staff in 77 offices in 47 countries. The Firm is known for its global perspective, deep understanding of the local language and culture of business, uncompromising commitment to excellence, and world-class fluency in its client service. Baker & McKenzie's Global Transfer Pricing practice includes over 200 lawyers and economists who deliver innovative and commercially pragmatic advice and assistance in design, implementation and defense across markets. (www.bakermckenzie.com)
About Tax Management Educational Institute
Tax Management Educational Institute (TMEI) is an independent educational organization founded by Tax Management, Inc., a subsidiary of The Bureau of National Affairs, Inc. TMEI is devoted solely to the conduct of responsible, professional seminars and conferences of the highest quality dedicated to issues of tax policy and practice, and to the funding of related scholarly endeavors.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/irs-treasury-european-commission-and-uk-treasury-officials-to-address-washington-dc-transfer-pricing-conference-june-8-9-300270364.html
SOURCE Bloomberg BNA; Baker & McKenzie