CLEARWATER, Fla., May 8, 2017 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- (ISC)²® ("ISC-squared") today released the full education program and speaker line-up for its seventh annual Security Congress, taking place September 25-27 2017 at the JW Mariott in Austin, TX. The complete program can be found on the (ISC)² Security Congress website.
"Security Congress is driven by the most relevant content that will equip IT and cybersecurity professionals with the knowledge they need today to help secure organizations from today's top threats, as well as bolster their defenses against what their peers and industry experts believe they will face soon," says (ISC)² CEO David Shearer. "Through the speaker submission process, an active cyber community submitted a record 500+ submissions. This helped to create more than 80 sessions full of rich, relevant and actionable information on everything from cloud to IoT."
This year's conference tracks include: Cloud Security; Cyber Crime; Critical Infrastructure; Incident Response & Forensics; Governance, Regulation & Compliance; Identity Access Management; People & Security; Professional Development; Software Assurance/Application Security; Swiss Army Knife; and Threats.
Notable sessions and speakers include:
- Cloud Security at Chevron; the Journey from Discovery to Secure Adoption – Gretchen Myers, CISSP, lead, Security Strategy and Emerging Technologies, Chevron
- You Want To Do WHAT With My Cell Phone? Privacy Rights at Border Crossings – Scott M. Giordano, director, Data Protection, Robert Half Legal
- Getting Management on Your Side Without Scare Tactics – John Carnes, CISSP-ISSAP, HCISPP, information security senior advisor, Anthem, Inc.; Erik Von Geldern, senior security architect, IT, FXCM; Shawn Harris, principal enterprise security architect, Starbucks; Brandon Dunlap, managing director, Brightfly
- Measuring and Reporting IT Security Risk at United Airlines – Neil Gast, CISSP, CISA, CEH, IT Security Governance, Risk and Compliance, United Airlines
- The Next Tectonic Shift in Identity & Access Management: User Behavioral Analytics – Kurt Lieber, executive director, Global Security, Aetna
- Listen, Learn, and Yell: Why IT Professionals and Lawyers Are Good A Team – Ian Ramsey, member, Legal, Stites & Harbison PLLC
- Planes, Trains, and... Why your code don't cut it! – John Martin, CISSP, CISM, program manager, COTs Software Security, Information Security, Boeing; Chris Wysopal, CTO, Veracode; Steve Lipner, executive director, SAFECode
- Storyboarding Incident Response Methodology: Speed, Synergy, & Accuracy – Gregory Braunton, CISSP, GCFA, C|HFI, C|EH, GIAC/GSEC, National Director, Threat Management, Incident Response and Forensics, Catholic Health Initiatives
- Inside The Threat Actor Studio – Aamir Lakhani, Senior Researcher, Dr. Chaos
(ISC)² members are eligible for special discounted pricing. Early registration rates are available until July 31. More details are available at congress.isc2.org.
(ISC)² is an international nonprofit membership association focused on inspiring a safe and secure cyber world. Best known for the acclaimed Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP®) certification, (ISC)2 offers a portfolio of credentials that are part of a holistic, programmatic approach to security. Our membership, over 120,000 strong, is made up of certified cyber, information, software and infrastructure security professionals who are making a difference and helping to advance the industry. Our vision is supported by our commitment to educate and reach the general public through our charitable foundation – The Center for Cyber Safety and EducationTM. For more information on (ISC)², visit www.isc2.org, follow us on Twitter or connect with us on Facebook.
© 2017 (ISC)² Inc., (ISC)², CISSP, SSCP, CCSP, CAP, CSSLP, HCISPP, CCFP, ISSAP, ISSEP, ISSMP and CBK are registered marks of (ISC)², Inc.
Manager, Corporate Communications
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/isc-releases-conference-program-for-its-seventh-annual-security-congress-300451826.html