It Pays To Have One Of These Six Jobs In 2013
Robert Half Salary Guides Reveal Tech and Creative Positions With Growing Starting Salaries
MENLO PARK, Calif., Dec. 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Technology and creative professionals who include "make more money" on their New Year's resolution list may achieve their goal next year: According to the recently released 2013 Salary Guides from Robert Half Technology and The Creative Group, a number of positions in the information technology (IT) and creative fields are likely to see above-average salary gains in the coming year. The increase in compensation levels is due to high demand for these professionals as organizations enhance their digital presence and boost investments in IT infrastructure.
"Salaries are rising for candidates who can help organizations leverage new technologies to increase efficiencies, gain business insights and produce superior customer experiences," said John Reed, senior executive director of Robert Half Technology and The Creative Group. "In some cases, there's a shortage of individuals available to fill these highly specialized positions, which is driving up starting compensation levels."
Following are descriptions for six hot technology and design jobs in 2013, along with their anticipated average starting salaries in 2013*:
- Mobile applications developers -- As companies strive to reach consumers on smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices, they need professionals who can develop for the small screen. Average starting salaries for mobile applications developers are expected to rise 9 percent, with compensation ranging from $92,750 to $133,500.
- Business intelligence analysts -- These individuals assist firms in making critical business decisions by gathering and analyzing data to better target marketing efforts. Business intelligence analysts should see a gain of 7.3 percent, with starting salaries ranging from $94,250 to $132,500.
- Network architects -- These individuals provide the backbone of a company's communication infrastructure. They assess business and applications requirements for corporate data and voice networks, making it possible for data to be shared. Network architects are forecast to receive a 7 percent starting salary boost, to between $102,250 and $146,500, on average.
- Interactive creative directors -- As companies of all sizes add interactive roles, they seek professionals with superb leadership skills and digital expertise to manage these growing teams. Interactive creative directors can anticipate a 4.9 percent bump in base compensation, with average starting salaries ranging from $95,500 to $160,000.
- Interaction designers -- The best interaction designers step into the shoes of a company's customers and maximize their online experiences. These professionals understand the connections between people and products. Those with one to five years of experience should see a gain of 4.9 percent, to between $52,250 and $77,500.
- User experience (UX) designers -- Since so much customer interaction happens online, companies are looking for workers who can create positive digital experiences. UX designers can expect a 4.8 percent salary increase, with starting compensation of $73,750 to $110,500.
More information about the positions listed above can be found in the Robert Half Technology 2013 Salary Guide, which includes a wide range of IT job descriptions, and The Creative Group 2013 Salary Guide, which focuses on interactive, design and marketing jobs.
Both Robert Half Technology (www.rht.com) and The Creative Group (www.creativegroup.com) are divisions of Robert Half International, the world's first and largest specialized staffing firm and a recognized leader in professional staffing services.
*All salaries listed are U.S. national averages based on data published in the 2013 Salary Guides from Robert Half Technology and The Creative Group. Actual salary ranges may vary depending on location.
SOURCE Robert Half Technology
More by this Source
The Ultimate Holiday Gift? More Firms Allowing Employees To Shop Online While At Work
Nov 21, 2013, 08:03 ET
Keeping Their Best On Board?
Oct 17, 2013, 08:04 ET
St. Louis CIOs Reveal Fourth-Quarter Hiring Plans
Sep 04, 2013, 08:14 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.