Itau Unibanco Holding S.A. - Announcement to the Market - Trading of Own Shares for Treasury
Month: October 2012
SAO PAULO, Nov. 1, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
1. On November 18, 2004, in keeping with the best Corporate Governance practice, Itau Unibanco Holding S.A. ("Itau Unibanco") voluntarily disclosed its "Operating Rules for the Trading of Own Shares for Treasury"("Rules").
2. Item 2.1.3 of the "Rules" established the obligation to make monthly disclosure of the volumes of own shares traded on stock exchanges by Itau Unibanco, and minimum, average and maximum prices.
3. In this context, we wish to inform that during October 2012, Itau Unibanco acquired 800,000 preferred shares, the average acquisition price for which was R$ 29.11 (maximum price of R$ 29.57 and minimum of R$ 28.61).
4. Considering the said acquisition, it should be kept in mind that up to end of October 2012, we had already acquired 4,300,000 preferred shares at the average price of R$ 28.45 as shown in the following table.
Prices - R$ per Share
We would point out that these acquisitions relate to the share buy-back program, effective until November 5, 2012, approved by the Board of Directors, authorizing the acquisition of up to 9 million of common shares and 56.7 million in preferred shares.
5. We would also inform that as from November 5, 2012 a new share buy-back program will begin and terminate on November 4, 2013, the limit for which shall be increased to 100 million shares, being 13.7 million common shares and 86.3 million preferred shares.
We would remind readers that historical data is available in the organization's Investor Relations site (www.itau-unibanco.com/ir)
Sao Paulo - SP, November 1st, 2012.
Alfredo Egydio Setubal
Investor Relations Officer
A Publicly Listed Company
(BM&FBovespa: ITUB4 e ITUB3) (NYSE: ITUB)
SOURCE Itau Unibanco Holding S.A.
More by this Source
Follow our conference call: 4th Quarter of 2013 Earnings Results - Itau Unibanco S.A.
Feb 03, 2014, 06:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.