NEW YORK, Sept. 21, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- As the holiday season approaches, Kurio (www.kurioworld.com) offers a range of innovative, fun and safe tech products for every gadget-obsessed kid. Whether gift givers are looking for the perfect first tech item for a child or they want to dazzle their recipient with the latest and greatest technologies, Kurio has the devices that will delight.
The newly available Kurio Watch has all the best features of a smartwatch in a kid-friendly package. The cool design and accessible price point make Kurio Watch the ideal, and very fun, smartwatch for young techies. Kurio Xtreme 2 Special Edition tablet now comes preloaded with top-tier Disney content, and the Kurio Smart Windows laptop tablet remains the perfect first computer for kids. Both allow kids to play games, watch videos, do homework and more, all under the protection of some of the best parental controls on the market. All Kurio products come ready-to-play straight out of the box, so there's no need to purchase and download additional programs or apps before kids get started.
"As kids make their holiday wish lists this year, we know that tech will continue to top the list for many of them. At Kurio, we're all about giving kids the ultra-cool technology they are asking for while giving parents the tools they need to make sure that kids use technology safely," said Eric Levin, Kurio strategic director. "For kids who have been eyeing mom's or dad's wearable tech or tablet, Kurio offers serious technology packed with content they'll love at a great price point. Most importantly, kids will love using their Kurios long after this year's gifts have been unwrapped."
Kurio Watch (by KD Interactive), Ages 6-12, MSRP: $59.99
Kurio Watch is a real, working Bluetooth smartwatch designed specifically for kids. Features include:
- Stylish, modern design and a touch screen with excellent resolution
- Cool, customizable themes and watch faces make it easy for kids to match their Kurio Watch to their personality or their outfit
- Watch-to-watch messaging via Bluetooth makes it possible for kids to share texts, emojis, drawings, voice recordings and photos, within a safe distance
- Front-facing camera perfect for selfies, making videos and using fun photo filters
- Ability to connect to a parent's smartphone via Bluetooth (Android or iOS) to take hands-free phone calls (No additional phone plan required)
- Loaded with games to play alone or with a friend (Tic Tac Toe, Pirates Battle) – connect watches for play on two screens, or play together on one device
- Motion games like Snake and Ninja Roll use the built-in accelerometer to play with precise wrist movements
- Built-in fitness tracker to encourage kids to get up and be active
- Music player for listening to favorite tunes on the go
- "In Case of Emergency" (I.C.E.) app that allows parents to enter emergency medical and contact information
- Plus, all the features you expect from a smartwatch – like a calculator, calendar and reminders
- Available in blue, pink and purple
Tech specs: 1.54" touch screen, Bluetooth 3.0, 256MB of internal memory (part allocated to the OS), memory expandable by 32GB with microSD card, micro USB slot
Kurio Xtreme 2 Special Edition (by KD Interactive), Ages 3+, MSRP: $99.99
The new Kurio Xtreme 2 Special Edition takes kid tablets to the next level with improved technology, leading safety features and great content that kids love, all under $100. Features Include:
- 7", Wi-Fi enabled, full-featured Android tablet
- Preloaded apps and games, now including top-tier Disney Learning Apps
- A "Surprise-a-Week" educational app, e-book or video delivered to the device every week for an entire year
- Built-in kickstand that makes watching videos easy
- Kid-tough bumper to protect the device through extreme play
- Kurio's signature password-protected Parental Area allows parents to set time controls, manage apps and determine web access for up to eight user profiles
- The Kurio Genius internet filtering system covers more than 18 billion websites in 200 languages and provides in-app web filtering to block inappropriate content, allowing kids to safely search the web
- Available in blue and pink
Tech specs: Android 5.0 Lollipop, Mediatek© MTK8127™ Quad-core processor, Bluetooth 4.0, 16GB of internal memory (expandable by 32GB with microSD card), micro USB port, micro HDMI port
Kurio Smart Windows Laptop Tablet (by KD Interactive), Ages 6+, MSRP: $169.99
Kurio Smart is the first Windows 2-in-1 device built for kids. A perfect first computer, this laptop tablet was designed with young scholars in mind, taking them from homework to play. Features include:
- Sleek, lightweight and portable device with a 9" touch screen and detachable keyboard made for little hands that double as a durable protective case when closed
- Preloaded with more than 40 apps and games, including Office Mobile and the exclusive Kurio Motion body-movement-controlled games that will get kids up and moving
- Streaming apps let kids listen to music on Spotify, watch videos on YouTube Kids and Netflix, and stay connected with Skype and kid-safe email
- Built-in camera for photos and videos
- Easy-access icons allow parents to set powerful parental controls right from the Smart home screen using Microsoft's Family Safety system
- Available in blue/white and pink/white
Tech specs: Windows 10, Quad-core Intel Bay Trail-T processor, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, 32GB of built-in storage (expandable by 32GB with microSD card), one terabyte of cloud storage, micro USB port, micro HDMI port
Kurio products are available in stores and online at Toys"R"Us and Walmart, and online at Amazon.com. Pink versions of all products are available exclusively at Toys"R"Us stores and online at www.toysrus.com/Kurio.
About KD Interactive
KD Interactive is a division of KD Group, based in Lyon, France. The company has been making innovative kids electronic toys for more than 20 years, working with mass and specialty retailers in more than 20 countries around the world. The company's in-house team of product engineers, scientists and educators is focused on creating products with huge play value that incorporate cutting-edge technologies into learning and childhood development. KD Interactive is well-known globally for its best-selling Kurio® line of kid-safe tablets and smart devices.
For more information about KD Interactive, visit Group-KD.com.
Video - http://origin-qps.onstreammedia.com/origin/multivu_archive/PRNA/ENR/2016-USA-Kurio-Watch-TV-Ad-30Secs.mp4
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160920/410148
Photo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160920/410149
Logo - https://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20160225/337706LOGO
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/its-a-high-tech-holiday-with-kurio-gifts-for-every-gadget-loving-kid-300331612.html
SOURCE KD Group