DORAL, Fla. and NORTHBROOK, Ill., March 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The PGA TOUR and Astellas Pharma US, Inc. ("Astellas"), a U.S. subsidiary of Tokyo-based Astellas Pharma Inc. (Tokyo: 4503), today will feature Ivanka Trump and MSNBC's Contessa Brewer at the Astellas Presents Executive Women's Day, a day-long forum focusing on professional, health-related and personal development discussions, at the World Golf Championships-Cadillac Championship.
Trump, executive vice president of the Trump Organization, will kick off the day by welcoming attendees. The invite-only event offers a breakfast panel, topic-specific breakout sessions, networking opportunities and a keynote speaker. Featured speakers include:
- Keynote Speaker Contessa Brewer: A widely-recognized TV reporter and anchor, Brewer currently hosts MSNBC's "Caught on Camera." Over the course of her career, Brewer has covered breaking news and high-profile political stories, including two presidential elections and the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. As a national correspondent, Brewer has reported on stories such as Hurricane Gustav, the Minneapolis bridge collapse and Katrina's devastation in New Orleans.
- Panel Speaker Melody Lee: Lee is the Global Director of Brand Strategy at Cadillac. In this position, Lee leads the management and growth strategy of the Cadillac brand around the world. Lee has also worked for the Bureau for Citizenship and Immigration Services of the U.S. Department of Justice and as a project manager for a promotional goods manufacturer in Beijing, China.
- Panel Speaker Paula Hopkins: Hopkins is currently the Senior Director of Beverages at PepsiCo. Prior to this role, she was a Regional Sales Manager of the Gainesville Area. She has served in positions of increasing responsibility from Account Development Representative, Territory Sales Manager and Key Account Sales Manager to Retail Business Development Manager responsible for the entire Publix Business for Pepsi Beverages Company.
- Panel Speaker Phillis Oeters: Oeters is the Corporate Vice President of Government and Community Relations for Baptist Health South Florida, the largest not-for-profit healthcare organization in the region. Oeters also serves on many community boards, including the Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce, Beacon Council, United Way, Nat Moore Foundation, Actors' Playhouse, Camillus House, The Commonwealth Institute and Orange Bowl. She has also been a long-time supporter of the American Red Cross.
- Breakout Session Speaker Dr. Josette Bou-Khalil: Dr. Bou-Khalil has been serving as the Corporate Medical Director of Baptist Health South Florida, Employee Health Services since 2006. She is Board Certified in both Internal Medicine and Occupational and Environmental Medicine. Workplace wellness and women's health are of special interest to Dr. Bou-Khalil, who speaks locally and internationally on such topics.
- Breakout Session Speaker Michelle McGann: McGann joined the LPGA Tour in 1988, and since joining, she has seven victories to her name. Prior to joining the LPGA Tour, McGann was ranked the number one amateur in the world by both GOLF Magazine and Golf Digest in 1987. Diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes at the age of 13, McCann has dedicated her time to numerous related causes, including founding The Michelle McGann Fund, which assists underprivileged children and families suffering from diabetes.
- Breakout Session Speaker Giovanna Garcia-Pons: Garcia-Pons currently holds the position of Senior Account Executive for Coca-Cola Refreshments (CCR) Southeast Region. Garcia-Pons also serves as the President/Chair for one of Coca-Cola's Business Resource Groups, Women's Linc for the Florida Chapter and assists to provide a community where women can lead, inspire and connect by focusing on driving business benefits for the Company.
"We thank Astellas for supporting the Cadillac Championship and creating opportunities for personal growth and networking for female professionals in the Miami area," said Eddie Carbone, Executive Director, Cadillac Championship.
Today's event is a component of the PGA TOUR's Women's Initiative, sponsored by Astellas and designed to provide women with information that promotes their overall well-being. Astellas and the PGA TOUR are working together to inform women about important health and wellness issues, encourage discussion on those topics and create opportunities to talk and learn about them.
"Astellas is thrilled to engage women in a meaningful and productive way and contribute to the local community in Miami through today's event," said Pamela Buford, Director, Consumer Marketing at Astellas. "We're committed to creating opportunities like these that empower women both professionally and personally."
Astellas Pharma US, Inc., located in Northbrook, Illinois, is a U.S. affiliate of Tokyo-based Astellas Pharma Inc. Astellas is a pharmaceutical company dedicated to improving the health of people around the world through the provision of innovative and reliable pharmaceutical products. The organization is committed to becoming a global category leader in focused areas by combining outstanding R&D and marketing capabilities. For more information about Astellas Pharma US, Inc., please visit our website at www.astellas.us.
The Astellas culture and brand is committed to building community, helping others, encouraging integrity and inspiring people to make a difference, today, tomorrow and every day.
About PGA TOUR
The PGA TOUR is the world's premier membership organization for touring professional golfers, co-sanctioning more than 100 tournaments on the PGA TOUR, Champions Tour, Web.com Tour, PGA TOUR Latinoamerica and PGA TOUR Canada.
The PGA TOUR's mission is to entertain and inspire its fans, deliver substantial value to its partners, create outlets for volunteers to give back, generate significant charitable and economic impact in the communities in which it plays, and provide financial opportunities for TOUR players.
Worldwide, PGA TOUR tournaments are broadcast to nearly 945 million households in 225 countries and territories in 32 languages. Virtually all tournaments are organized as non-profit organizations in order to maximize charitable giving. In 2012, tournaments across all Tours generated more than $122 million for local charitable organizations, bringing the TOUR's all-time total of charitable contributions to more than $1.8 billion.
The PGA TOUR's web site is PGATOUR.com, the No. 1 site in golf, and the organization is headquartered in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL.
SOURCE Astellas Pharma US, Inc.