Ivar's Offers Seattle Holiday Events, Holiday Gift Ideas, Santa Photos and Lights Display this Season Santa photos with Santa Clam, Clam Lights display, Ivar's gift cards and cookbook are among Ivar's Seattle holiday events and holiday gift ideas
SEATTLE, Dec. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Ivar's brings the season a glow with festive Seattle holiday events, entertainment and special activities throughout the entire month of December. There's something for everyone, including Ivar's Clam Lights display in Renton, santa photos with Santa Clam, a Salmon-chanted New Year's Eve party and the best waterside views of the Argosy Christmas Ship™ festival and clamtastic holiday gift ideas for the season.
In addition to the special events, Ivar's has plenty of holiday gift ideas. For the seafood lover and home cook extraordinaire, Ivar's first-ever cookbook, Ivar's Seafood Cookbook: The O-fish-al Guide to Cooking the Northwest Catch, features a collection of 62 fresh Northwest seafood recipes, along with anecdotes and beautiful photos that explore Ivar's rich history and adventures from the past 75 years. The cookbook is offered for the promotional price of $25 ($4.95 off list price) at Ivar's locations (excluding stadiums), select Costco and Bartell Drugs stores, wherever fine books are sold and at Ivars.com
Gift-givers can also make their clams go further this holiday season by purchasing Ivar's gift cards. For every $25 gift card purchased, diners receive a free $5 gift card. For example, a $100 gift card offers $120 in free Ivar's fare. Gift cards are available online with free shipping, or may be purchased at any of Ivar's full-service restaurants or Seafood Bars (excluding stadium locations).
Whether shopping or celebrating, Ivar's complete seasonal events and offerings include:
- Get dazzled at the 20th annual Ivar's Clam Lights at Gene Coulon Memorial Beach Park in Renton (1201 Lake Washington Boulevard N.). Park greenery, holiday scenes and Ivar's famous Dancing Clams are covered in thousands of twinkling lights for public viewing. The official lighting ceremony takes place Friday, Dec. 6 at 6:15 p.m., and the display runs nightly from 5 – 9 p.m. through Jan. 1. Clam Lights is free and open to the public.
- Strike a pose with Ivar's Santa Clam at Ivar's Acres of Clams (Pier 54, 1001 Alaskan Way, Seattle). Ivar's famous Dancing Clam will be transformed into Santa Clam, complete with festive holiday garb, for children and families to snap a holiday photo. All photos will be posted on Ivars.com for free digital download – perfect for holiday cards – and kids will receive a free holiday treat. Santa Clam will appear on three consecutive Saturdays, Dec. 7, 14 and 21, from 12 – 3 p.m. Reservations recommended; call 206-624-6852.
- Behold the Christmas Ships at Ivar's Salmon House at North Lake Union (401 NE Northlake Way, Seattle). One of the best spots for viewing The Argosy Christmas Ship™ festival is Ivar's Salmon House, where diners can watch the boats float by in spectacular fashion. The Parade Finale will float by on Monday, Dec. 23 at approximately 9:45 p.m. Reservations are encouraged. Call 206-632-0767 or book online.
- Ring in 2014 at the Salmon-chanted New Year's Eve Party at Ivar's Salmon House (401 NE Northlake Way, Seattle). Ivar's special party package invites revelers to ring in the New Year while enjoying spectacular waterfront views (including Space Needle fireworks!), dancing and clamtastic entertainment. The $75 per person evening includes a luxurious dinner buffet, party favors, two drink tickets and a complimentary glass of bubbly. The event takes place New Year's Eve, beginning at 9 p.m. and reservations are required. Call 206-632-0767 to book.
- Enjoy live music at Ivar's Mukilteo Landing (710 Front Street, Mukilteo). Unwind for the weekend and enjoy seasonal dining while taking in the sounds of Kamiak High School's "Unaccompanied Minors" and "Starry Knights" musical groups. It's pure holiday glee! Performances take place Fridays and Saturdays, Dec. 13 and 14 and Dec. 20 and 21 from 6 – 7:30 p.m. Reservations are encouraged by calling 425-742-6180.
- Grant a wish with Ivar's Giving Trees at Ivar's full-service restaurants and select Seafood Bars, (excluding stadium locations). The Giving Trees support Childhaven families and are donned with Wish Tags for toys and games as well as essential items. Ivar's encourages guests to pick a tag, purchase the wish and return the unwrapped gifts to select Ivar's locations by Sunday, Dec. 15 to benefit to a child in need. Particpating locations and program information are available online.
For more information on Ivar's holiday programming, visit www.ivars.com.
Ivar's began selling seafood on Seattle's waterfront in 1938. Today, there are 24 Ivar's fast casual Seafood Bars and three full-service restaurants: Ivar's Acres of Clams, Ivar's Salmon House and Ivar's Mukilteo Landing. Ivar's Seafood, Soup and Sauce Company markets and sells its award-winning soups, chowders and sauces both nationally and internationally. The company also operates regional stadium concessions including Safeco Field, CenturyLink Field, KeyArena, Cheney Stadium and Husky Stadium. Learn more at www.Ivars.com.