Ivar's Seattle Seafood Restaurant Continues 75th Anniversary Festivities New "surprise" commercials, social media contest and events round out 75th anniversary shell-ebration
SEATTLE, Oct. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Ivar's, the iconic Seattle seafood restaurant, continues its diamond anniversary shell-ebration with a "surprise" ad campaign, Facebook contest, and additional special culinary, book signing and charity events through December.
Throughout its 75-year history, Ivar's and its flounder, Ivar Haglund, staged numerous pranks and stunts and developed creative commercials that continuously made headlines – such as Ivar's Dances with Clams, Ivar's Rapping Fisherman and the shortest Super Bowl commercial in history. Carrying on the tradition, Ivar's will stay true to what its fans have come to expect over the years, with a fun new ad campaign that will leave viewers guessing, and also taking a walk down memory lane with some of Ivar's notable cast of characters. The commercials will air locally throughout October. What's in store? Just wait and see.
Away from the TV screens, fans can get in on the action online. Ivar's launched its 75th anniversary Facebook contest where fans can enter to win two tickets to Ivar's 75th Clamiversary dinner (valued at $150) now through Oct. 21. Ivar's will randomly select one winner for three consecutive weeks. Visit Ivar's Facebook page, www.facebook.com/IvarsRestaurants and click on "75th Contest" to enter.
Additional Ivar's 75th anniversary festivities include:
- 75th Clamiversary Dinner: On Oct. 24 at 6 p.m., Ivar's Salmon House will host an anniversary dinner celebration. The $75 five-course meal (featuring recipes from Ivar's Cookbook) includes wine pairings, autographed copy of the cookbook, and, of course, a stunning downtown view. Call 206-632-0767 to reserve.
- Clams for Charity: Ivar's has a rich history of supporting the surrounding community for the past 75 years, and its anniversary year is no exception. On Oct. 15 and 29, Ivar's will donate all proceeds to Northwest Harvest, Washington's only statewide food bank distributor, serving more than 20 million meals per year, and to the Seattle Aquarium with its mission of "inspiring conservation of our marine environment," respectively.
- $7.50 Dining Deals: Ivar's Seafood Bars and full-service restaurants, including Ivar's Acres of Clams, Ivar's Salmon House and Ivar's Mukilteo Landing will offer $7.50 food and drink specials through Nov. 17.
- Ivar's Cookbook Menu Specials: Now through Nov. 17, Ivar's full-service restaurants will showcase best-of recipes from the company's new seafood cookbook, rotating delicious dishes on its fresh sheets every few weeks.
- Cookbook Signings: Ivar's President Bob Donegan and Ivar's culinary staff are playing host to a variety of cookbook signing events throughout the fall. During the signings, seafood fans will get a sneak peek inside the colorful pages of the cookbook, and are able to purchase autographed copies, sample recipes from the cookbook, enter to win prizes and meet Ivar's famous Dancing Clam. Upcoming signings include:
- Costco Warehouse, Kirkland (8629 120th Ave NE) – Oct. 12, 12 – 2 p.m.
- Ivar's Mukilteo Landing (710 Front St, Mukilteo) – Oct. 9, 6 – 8 p.m.
- Book Larder (4252 Fremont Ave N) – Nov. 4, 6:30 – 8 p.m.
- Cookbook Social at Palace Ballroom (2100 5th Ave) – Dec. 3, 4 – 7 p.m.
For the full schedule of events and to keep afloat with details on the 75th anniversary festivities and dining promotions, visit www.Ivars.com, follow Ivar's on Twitter and Pinterest, and "Like" the o-fish-al Facebook page.
Ivar's began selling seafood on Seattle's waterfront in 1938. Today, there are 24 Ivar's fast casual Seafood Bars and three full-service restaurants: Ivar's Acres of Clams, Ivar's Salmon House and Ivar's Mukilteo Landing. Ivar's Seafood, Soup and Sauce Company markets and sells its award-winning soups, chowders and sauces both nationally and internationally. The company also operates regional stadium concessions including Safeco Field, CenturyLink Field, KeyArena, Cheney Stadium and Husky Stadium. Learn more at www.Ivars.com.