Jaguar Design Director Ian Callum Honored With BritWeek Design Icon Award
MAHWAH, N.J., April 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Ian Callum, Design Director for Jaguar, was honored this evening with the the prestigious BritWeek Design Icon Award at the BritWeek Christopher Guy Design Event in West Hollywood. Callum was recognized for his significant contributions to British design. The event, held at the Christopher Guy showroom in West Hollywood, and in collaboration with Architectural Digest, celebrates British design across interiors, fashion and architecture.
Callum has been at the forefront of revolutionizing the Jaguar brand and the transformation of Jaguar's design aesthetic since joining the brand in 1999. Born in Dumfries, Scotland, he studied Industrial Design at the Glasgow School of Art. Upon graduating, Callum opted to specialize in vehicle design, enrolling at the Royal College of Art (RCA) on the Automobile Design course, and has since received five honorary doctorates from universities around the world. Callum is responsible for the new design language created over the past decade, which includes the current Jaguar XK, followed by the XF, the XJ and most recently the F-TYPE, the the first two-seater sports car from Jaguar since the iconic E-Type was launched 50 years ago.
"Design has long been a hallmark of the Jaguar brand and I'm honored that fellow British designer Christopher Guy has recognized my appreciation for automotive design with the BritWeek Design Icon Award," said Ian Callum, Design Director, Jaguar Cars.
The third annual BritWeek Christopher Guy event is a celebration of the huge influence of the UK in luxury design. Christopher Guy, a globally renowned furniture designer, is recognized for his originality and uncompromising quality in creating luxury furnishings.
Every Spring, BritWeek hosts a program of events celebrating the creative fusion between the United Kingdom and California. The two-week celebration promotes British creativity, innovation and excellence in California across multiple categories including, film and television, art, design, philanthropy, business, and more. The events take place throughout Los Angeles, Orange County and San Francisco. Jaguar has supported BritWeek for the last four years.
Jaguar Cars Limited is a premier manufacturer of luxury sedans and sports cars offering unparalleled design with tremendous performance. The company's vision throughout its storied history has been simple: To produce beautiful, fast cars that are desired the world over. Jaguar strives to provide a world class ownership experience to every owner. Today's Jaguar lineup consists of the XJ luxury sedan, XF sports sedan and the XK coupe and convertible sports cars. Jaguar designs, engineers and manufactures exclusively in the United Kingdom, at the Castle Bromwich manufacturing plant in the British Midlands. Jaguar is fully engaged with sustainability initiatives and social concerns with continuous involvement in environmental and community programs. For more information visit the official Jaguar website at http://www.jaguarusa.com.
Information about Jaguar North America products is available to consumers at www.jaguarusa.com
About Jaguar Land Rover
- Jaguar Land Rover is the UK's largest automotive manufacturing business built around two iconic British car brands with a rich heritage and powerful consumer appeal and loyalty. Additionally, Jaguar Land Rover is at the centre of the UK automotive industry's drive to deliver technical innovation in all areas of vehicle development.
- As the UK's largest automotive employer, JLR has a world class team of nearly 25,000 people.
- In the 2011/12 fiscal year, JLR achieved record profits of £1.5 billion, an increase of £392m when compared to the previous year.
- Jaguar Land Rover is the largest investor in automotive R&D and engineering in the UK.
- Jaguar Land Rover has two state of the art engineering and design facilities and three advanced manufacturing plants in the UK.
- Headquartered in Mahwah, New Jersey in the United States, Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC has offices across the USA and Canada and is represented by more than 330 retail outlets.
BritWeek is a non–profit organization that hosts a program of events every spring to promote British creativity, innovation and excellence across multiple categories including, film & television, music, art, fashion, design, retail, sport, philanthropy, business, and more. The events take place throughout Greater Los Angeles, Orange County, San Francisco, and now also Miami! For more information visit www.britweek.org.
SOURCE Jaguar North America