Jaguar Expands R Performance Lineup with Dynamic New Model Making Global Debut at the 2013 New York International Auto Show
- Jaguar's R models offer the highest levels of visceral Jaguar performance and design
- Jaguar R lineup expands with addition of XJR making global debut at New York Show
- Jaguar XJR with 550HP becomes dynamic flagship sedan of Jaguar Lineup
- New York Show will feature Jaguar R performance models alongside the other newest members of Jaguar family: the Jaguar F-TYPE Convertible and Jaguar XJ and XF All Wheel Drive sedans
MAHWAH, N.J., March 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Jaguar will expand its R performance lineup with the global debut of the 2014 Jaguar XJR Sedan at the 2013 New York International Auto Show. The new high-performance model - the dynamic flagship of the XJ series - will join the expanding Jaguar lineup on display that includes All Wheel Drive sedans and the exciting Jaguar F-TYPE Convertible, which goes on sale this summer.
The 2014 Jaguar XJR will be the highest performance XJ sedan with 550-HP and a raft of other modifications, but also an extraordinary opulent machine with more than expected levels of interior luxury.
Jaguar R represents the highest levels of dynamic driving performance and attention grabbing design across Jaguar's luxury lineup. Jaguar R models start with the brand's highest levels of power, backed by steering, suspension and braking enhancements, that have been tested at the company's Nurburgring Test Center. Final touches include interior and functional exterior design that sometimes subtly, sometimes not so subtly, hints at the elevated dynamics that lie beneath the surface.
According to Andy Goss, President, Jaguar Land Rover North America, "Jaguar is growing its product lineup to meet a far wider spectrum of customer demands ranging from sedans with 2.0 liter and 3.0 liter engines and All Wheel Drive to the exciting new F-TYPE sports car. It is clear that performance will continue to lie at the heart and soul of the brand. To that end, the growing R performance lineup offers our customers the truly elevated dynamics and design, but in a Jaguar luxury package. The Jaguar XJR is a British performance machine that delivers emotionally and dynamically on the road and on the track."
- About Jaguar Land Rover
Jaguar Land Rover is the UK's largest automotive manufacturing business built around two iconic British car brands with a rich heritage and powerful consumer appeal and loyalty. Additionally, Jaguar Land Rover is at the centre of the UK automotive industry's drive to deliver technical innovation in all areas of vehicle development.
- As the UK's largest automotive employer, JLR has a world class team of nearly 25,000 people.
- In the 2011/12 fiscal year, JLR achieved record profits of £1.5 billion, an increase of £392m when compared to the previous year.
- Jaguar Land Rover is the largest investor in automotive R&D and engineering in the UK.
- Jaguar Land Rover has two state of the art engineering and design facilities and three advanced manufacturing plants in the UK.
- Headquartered in Mahwah, New Jersey in the United States, Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC has offices across the USA and Canada and is represented by more
Information about Jaguar North America products is available to consumers at www.jaguarusa.com.
SOURCE Jaguar Land Rover