Jaguar F-TYPE Named 2013 World Car Design of the Year
NEW YORK, March 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The 2014 Jaguar F-TYPE has been has been named 2013 World Car Design of the Year. The honor was announced today at a press conference at the New York International Auto Show.
Responding to the news of this latest honor, Ian Callum, Director of Design, Jaguar, said, "No design project has given me greater pleasure than the creation of the F-TYPE. It's a project I've looked forward to from the moment I joined Jaguar, and it's one that's given my team and I great satisfaction. The F-TYPE is a sports car that is true to Jaguar's design values - beauty of line and purity of form - and I'm honored that the World Car of the Year Design jury has recognized our work with this award."
The new Jaguar F-TYPE represents a return to the company's heart: a two-seat, convertible sports car focused on performance, agility and driver involvement. The F-TYPE is a continuation of a sporting bloodline that stretches back more than 75 years and encompasses some of the most beautiful, thrilling and desirable sports cars ever built. Jaguar cars have always defined sinuous, muscular elegance, and the F-TYPE continues -- and advances -- this tradition with new, assertive design language.
The World Car Design of the Year is judged by a design panel of five highly respected world design experts who review candidates based on their innovation and style that push established boundaries. A short list is then provided to sixty-six jurors who vote based upon the expert recommendations.
Jaguar Cars Limited is a premier manufacturer of luxury sedans and sports cars offering unparalleled design with tremendous performance. The company's vision throughout its storied history has been simple: To produce beautiful, fast cars that are desired the world over. Jaguar strives to provide a world class ownership experience to every owner. Today's Jaguar lineup consists of the XJ luxury sedan, XF sports sedan and the XK coupe and convertible sports cars. Jaguar designs, engineers and manufactures exclusively in the United Kingdom, at the Castle Bromwich manufacturing plant in the British Midlands. Jaguar is fully engaged with sustainability initiatives and social concerns with continuous involvement in environmental and community programs. For more information visit the official Jaguar website at http://www.jaguarusa.com.
About Jaguar Land Rover
- Jaguar Land Rover is the UK's largest automotive manufacturing business built around two iconic British car brands with a rich heritage and powerful consumer appeal and loyalty. Additionally, Jaguar Land Rover is at the centre of the UK automotive industry's drive to deliver technical innovation in all areas of vehicle development.
- As the UK's largest automotive employer, JLR has a world class team of nearly 25,000 people.
- In the 2011/12 fiscal year, JLR achieved record profits of £1.5 billion, an increase of £392m when compared to the previous year.
- Jaguar Land Rover is the largest investor in automotive R&D and engineering in the UK.
- Jaguar Land Rover has two state of the art engineering and design facilities and three advanced manufacturing plants in the UK.
- Headquartered in Mahwah, New Jersey in the United States, Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC has offices across the USA and Canada and is represented by more than 330 retail outlets.
Information about Jaguar North America products is available to consumers at www.jaguarusa.com