BEIJING, November 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- Chinese dealer network has grown by almost 200 per cent since 2010
- China is one of Jaguar Land Rover's leading export markets
Jaguar Land Rover has opened its 100th operational dealership in China. The Beijing Changjiushida 4S Center is located in central Beijing, and features a state-of-the art repair centre alongside its impressive showroom facilities. Operated by the Changjiu Group, it will employ 110 people.
Jaguar Land Rover has increased its dealer network in China by almost 200 per cent since 2010. It has invested in its infrastructure in China to support its growing dealer network with three training centres; three Land Rover Experience centres and five parts distribution centres.
Phil Popham, Global Sales Operations Director for Jaguar Land Rover, said: "Jaguar Land Rover has ambitious plans for growth and as well as developing our global manufacturing footprint, we are investing in our global sales and service infrastructure, to enhance the experience our customers have of our brands. Our dealer partners have also invested more than £1bn in the Jaguar Land Rover franchise since 2008, creating a global dealer network of more than 2,700 which will help us realise the global potential of our brands in the future."
At the 100th dealership's opening ceremony, Bob Grace, President of Jaguar Land Rover China, said: "The opening of the Beijing Changjiushida 4S Centre represents the 100th addition to our nationwide network of dealer partners and a significant mark of our China success.
"Our strategy has focused on bringing Chinese consumers the very best and latest new cars, tailored to meet their requirements. We want to bring these vehicles to customers throughout China."
China is one of Jaguar Land Rover's leading export markets with over 57,000 vehicles sold in the country during the first 10 months of this year. This represents an increase of 75 per cent when compared to the same period last year.
Notes to editors:
- Jaguar Land Rover has recently received regulatory approval for its joint venture with Chery Automobile Ltd in China.
- Jaguar Land Rover China has appointed 147 dealers across 87 cities, with the 100th now open in Beijing.
- The Jaguar Land Rover National Sales Company (NSC) was formed in China in July 2010 and now employs 225 people.
- Jaguar Land Rover has ambitious plans for sustainable growth and profitability.
- Jaguar Land Rover will invest circa £2bn in its products and facilities in the financial year to March 2013.
- Jaguar Land Rover employs 25 000 people and sells vehicles in 170 countries around the world. (80% of our business is exported).
- Jaguar Land Rover has recruited over 8,000 people in the last two years.
- Jaguar Land Rover is building a state of the art advanced engine facility at i54 South Staffordshire Business Park investing £355m and creating 750 new jobs. Construction commenced on 20th June 2012 and is on-going.
- Jaguar Land Rover makes a significant contribution to the UK economy contributing £7bn GVA in the last financial year.
- One of the UK's largest exporters by value (£8.2bn in 2011) and generates in the region of 85% of its revenue from exports.
- 12 months to 31 March 2012, JLR generated PBT of £1.5bn with revenues of £13.5bn
- JLR is working on plans to extend its global production footprint, particularly in Brazil, India and China.
- Jaguar Land Rover is the only UK automotive company to be rated Platinum in the Business in the Community Corporate Social Responsibility Index 2012.
SOURCE Jaguar Land Rover