LOS ALAMITOS, Calif., July 25, 2017 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Machine learning and deep learning have exploded far beyond data prediction and analysis to solving previously unsolved problems. The IEEE Computer Society will host Rock Stars of Machine Learning and Deep Learning on 12 September 2017, where experts who are driving this technology, including Janet George, Fellow/Chief Data Scientist, Western Digital/SanDisk, will share their visions of its disruptive impact to our future.
A technical leader with more than 15 years' experience in big data platform, machine learning, distributed computing, compliers, and artificial intelligence, Janet George will speak on the topic titled "Big Metamorphosis: Spinning Up Well-Architected Stacks for Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence."
"Machine learning and artificial intelligence require a different treatment of data than the more traditional methods," says George. "The topology and different dimensions of data need to be easily accessible. Distributed platforms and dynamic data structures lend themselves well to scale the models in near-real-time." George will further discuss best practices in spinning up well-architected stacks for machine learning and artificial intelligence for scale in an industrial/enterprise setting with practical uses cases, tradeoffs, challenges, and storage layers required.
Registration is now open for the must-attend event, with early pricing packages and professional development hours available for individuals and teams. To register, visit www.computer.org/machinelearning.
Speakers and topics at this action-packed event are:
- Hassan Sawaf, Director of Applied Science and Artificial Intelligence, Amazon Web Services: "Machine Learning Technology around Human Language for Higher Level Services"
- David Rosenberg, Data Scientist, CTO Office, Bloomberg Engineering: "Extracting Data from Tables and Charts in Natural Document Formats"
- M. Anthony Lewis, Sr. Director/Sr. Member IEEE, Qualcomm: "Understanding How Biologically Inspired Computing May Help Us Build Machines that Perceive the World as We Do"
- Rajat Monga, Engineering Director, Machine Learning, Tensorflow: "Trends and Developments in Deep Learning"
- Veryan Allen, Data Scientist, Machine Learning & Deep Learning, Bank of America/Merrill Lynch: "Programming Machines to Deep Learn and Solve Big Data Investment Problems"
The one-day event will address all aspects of machine/deep-learning technologies, including:
- How can your organization employ the proper analytical models from machine learning that allow your researchers, data scientists, engineers, and analysts to produce reliable, repeatable decisions and results?
- What are the promises of deep learning on business?
- Are machine learning and deep learning the technology solutions that your businesses can use to analyze the massive amounts of data becoming available?
Seating is limited for this must-attend event. Register now at www.computer.org/machinelearning while early pricing it still in effect.
About IEEE Computer Society
IEEE Computer Society, the computing industry's unmatched source for technology information and career development, offers a comprehensive array of industry-recognized products, services and professional opportunities. Known as the community for technology leaders, IEEE Computer Society's vast resources include membership, publications, a renowned digital library, training programs, conferences, and top-trending technology events. Visit www.computer.org for more information on all products and services.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/janet-george-of-western-digitalsandisk-to-present-at-rock-stars-of-machine-and-deep-learning-2017-300493820.html
SOURCE IEEE Computer Society