Jaspersoft Closes Record Fiscal Year
Significant sales growth, strategic partnerships, and global expansion are highlights of substantial momentum for leading open source Business Intelligence (BI) company
SAN FRANCISCO, March 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Jaspersoft, maker of the world's most widely used business intelligence (BI) software, today announced its best-ever fiscal year concluding January 31, 2012. Jaspersoft reported 74 percent year-over-year growth in net new subscription software sales for the year and total recurring software sales growth of 55 percent. Growth was strong and distributed across all geographic regions, including EMEA, Asia Pacific and Latin America, where Jaspersoft expanded its operations during the year. These international regions now account for more than 32 percent of Jaspersoft's global sales. Additionally, Jaspersoft added nearly 500 new customers, capitalizing on industry demand for business intelligence solutions around Big Data, embeddable BI, and data-driven applications. New customers in 2011 include CardSmith, Push to Test, the National Institute of Food and Agriculture, Revol Wireless, and QMetry.
During 2011, Jaspersoft advanced strategic partnerships with IBM, EMC and Red Hat to support its Big Data and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) initiatives. These partnerships, aligned with innovative new products, delivered easy and powerful reporting capabilities using any data source and a choice of deployment models including on-premises and public, private or hybrid clouds.
Key 2011 Jaspersoft milestones included:
- Release of Jaspersoft 4, the first end-to-end BI platform for web applications;
- Release of the first native reporting BI platform for any Big Data system;
- Release of Jaspersoft 4.1, featuring a new GUI for relational, non-relational, and OLAP data sources;
- Release of Jaspersoft Studio, an Eclipse-based version of the popular iReport development environment;
- Release of Jaspersoft 4.2 with iPad support and the BI industry's first iOS mobile SDK;
- Release of Jaspersoft 4.5 with superior integrated Big Data Analytics and a host of related performance improvements;
- Surpassing 100,000 applications that embed Jaspersoft's BI technology;
- The first Platform-as-a-Service BI suite;
- Integration of JasperReports Server in Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization 3.0; and
- Industry recognition from JMP Securities as aHot 100 Best Privately Held Software Company for the third year in a row.
Additionally, to better prepare the company for its next phases of growth, Jaspersoft added the following seasoned technology executives to its executive team:
- Jim Johnson , Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer,
- Clive Harrison , Senior Vice President, Worldwide Field Operations,
- Ben Connors , Senior Director of Strategic Alliances, and
- Vincent DeGenarro, Vice President, EMEA Sales.
Jaspersoft's community also grew significantly in 2011. As the company celebrated the 10-year anniversary of its open source Java reporting engine, JasperReports, the JasperForge development community increased by over 70,000 members, and downloads of Jaspersoft's BI software increased over two million, to a total of 16.1 million total lifetime downloads.
The company closed an $11 million round of financing in July to fuel its continued global growth. The investment was led by existing investors Red Hat and SAP Ventures, in addition to new investor Quest Software, and included participation from all existing major investors: Doll Capital Management, Morgenthaler Ventures, Partech International, Scale Venture Partners, and Adams Street Partners.
"In 2011, we continued to best meet the needs of commercial BI Builders and our community. Jaspersoft realized many successes, including the 10-year anniversary of our industry standard reporting projects, great growth in our community, and some of our best-ever top-line sales growth, all important milestones for the company," said Brian Gentile , Jaspersoft CEO. "Always at the forefront of the industry, we are looking ahead to another phenomenal year as BI for Platform-as-a-Service and Big Data access emerge as the key new reporting and analytic must-haves for developing modern, data-driven applications."
- The Jaspersoft BI Suite
- Jaspersoft on Twitter
- Jaspersoft on Facebook
- CEO Brian Gentile 's Open Book on BI blog
- Get up-to-date on BI Industry News
Jaspersoft provides the most flexible, cost effective and widely deployed Business Intelligence (BI) suite in the world, enabling better decision-making through highly interactive reports, dashboards and analytics. By leading in support for cloud, big data, and mobile deployments, Jaspersoft helps its customers deliver on the promise of self-service BI at scale.
Leveraging a commercial open source business model and a Community of over 250,000 registered members, Jaspersoft's open source BI software has been downloaded nearly 15 million times. Jaspersoft production deployments, in excess of 175,000, power 100,000 data-driven applications spanning 14,000 commercial customers. Jaspersoft is privately held and has locations around the world. For more information visit http://www.jaspersoft.com and http://www.jasperforge.org.
LEWIS Pulse PR for Jaspersoft
+1 (415) 321-2348
More by this Source
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.