AUBURN HILLS, Mich., June 26, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
- Mopar and Jeep® reach a new level in customization with Custom Hood Decals
- Owners can choose from pre-configured Jeep® Custom Hood Decals of popular trails, or create their own topographical and street map graphics for the Jeep Wrangler, Jeep Cherokee and Jeep Grand Cherokee
- Map border colors and points of interest also can be selected and added by owners
- Owners can "map out" decal designs online at www.mopar.com/jeephoods
- Jeep Custom Hood Decals are available now with a starting U.S. Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $295, plus installation
Mopar's Jeep® Performance Parts is giving deeper meaning to the term "road map." With the introduction of new Jeep Custom Hood Decals, owners can personalize the hoods of their Jeep vehicles with pre-configured map decals of popular trails or create their own map graphics using an online customizable tool.
Off-road lovers can select from maps of iconic trails such as Hell's Revenge, Poison Spider and the Rubicon Trail, or custom create their own topographical elevation or street level graphics. Owners also can select from two border colors on hood decals and identify a point of interest to mark a special spot on a much-beloved route, road or trail.
"Mopar's new Jeep Custom Hood Decals allow owners to literally place their imprint on a vehicle and display the geography of their Jeep passion for the entire world to see," said Pietro Gorlier, President and CEO of Mopar, Chrysler Group LLC's service, parts and customer-care brand. "Jeep Custom Hood Decals are just the latest in a portfolio of Jeep Performance Parts products that help Jeep vehicle owners to personalize their rides for the street and trail."
Jeep Custom Hood Decals are designed to exactly fit specific hood dimensions of 2007-2015 Jeep Wranglers, 2014-2015 Jeep Cherokees and 2011-2015 Jeep Grand Cherokees. Durably produced with premium 3M films, the decals measure up to Mopar's engineering quality standards for superior graphic performance and include a three-year warranty to guard against fading or manufacturer defect.
"The Jeep brand is teaming with Mopar to help owners personalize their vehicles in a way that supports their passion for off-road and on-road fun," said Mike Manley, President and CEO -- Jeep Brand, Chrysler Group LLC. "We know Jeep owners appreciate new ways to make their vehicles unique, and these hood decals are just the latest offering to help them accomplish that."
Creating a one-of-a-kind Jeep Custom Hood Decal is as easy as the click of a mouse. Owners can visit the online map tool at www.mopar.com/jeephoods to select a decal, with the power to view and choose maps of a favorite trail or even a particular zip code. Once a customer chooses a hood decal design, a part number and unique design code is generated, which the customer then takes to their Jeep dealership for ordering. Decals will ship directly to the dealer, with customers having the option of dealership or independent installation.
Currently available for purchase in the U.S market, Jeep Custom Hood Decals have a starting U.S. Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $295, plus installation.
Mopar (a simple contraction of the words Motor and PARts) was trademarked in 1937 with the launch of an antifreeze product but truly made its mark in the 1960s during the muscle-car era. From Mopar Performance Parts to enhance speed and handling for both road and racing use, the brand soon expanded to include technical service and customer support.
Today, Mopar is Chrysler Group LLC's service, parts and customer-care brand and distributes more than 500,000 parts and accessories in more than 130 markets, integrating service, parts and customer-care operations in order to enhance dealer and customer support worldwide. Mopar is the source for genuine parts and accessories for Chrysler Group brands as well as FIAT brands.
Mopar parts are unique in that they are engineered with the same teams that create factory-authorized vehicle specifications for Chrysler Group and FIAT vehicles – a direct connection that no other aftermarket parts company can provide. A complete list of Mopar accessories and performance parts is available at www.mopar.com.
Mopar has introduced numerous industry-first features including:
- Vehicle-information apps: first to introduce smartphone vehicle-information applications, a new channel of communication with customers
- Electronic owner manuals: first to introduce traditional owner manuals in a DVD and brief user-guide format. First to offer complete vehicle-information kits in Spanish
- Wi-Fi: first to offer customers the ability to make their vehicle a wireless hot spot
- Wireless charging: first to introduce in-vehicle wireless charging for portable devices
- Electronic Vehicle Tracking System (EVTS): first to market with interactive vehicle tracking device that sends owner a text when vehicle is driven too fast or too far based on pre-set parameters
- wiAdvisor: first to provide factory-connected tablet technology in the service lane for instant vehicle diagnosis
- wiTech: first to support vehicle diagnosis and software updates leveraging off-the-shelf personal computers and a dedicated wireless tool network
- 2011 Mopar Challenger Drag Pak: first to introduce a 500-plus cubic-inch V-10 drag-race package car
Follow Mopar brand and Chrysler Group news and video on:
Chrysler On Demand (COD): www.chryslerondemand.com
Company blog: blog.chryslergroupllc.com
Company website: www.chryslergroupllc.com
Mopar website: www.mopar.com
Facebook: www.facebook.com/mopar or www.facebook.com/ChryslerGroup
Media website: www.media.chrysler.com
Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/officialmopar or www.pinterest.com/chryslergroup
Instagram: www.instagram.com/officialmopar or www.instagram.com/chryslergroup
Twitter: www.twitter.com/officialmopar or www.twitter.com/chrysler
YouTube: www.youtube.com/mopar or www.youtube.com/pentastarvideo
SOURCE Chrysler Group LLC