NEW YORK, March 8, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
Jerrick's Vocal Network of Properties Expands at Record Rate Since Launching Late in Q4 2016
Jerrick Media Holdings, Inc., (OTCQB: JMDA) (the "Company" or "Jerrick"), a digital media and technology company, announced today the launch of two new verticals, Wander and Humans, to its long-form social media platform Vocal.
Vocal is a social publishing hub engineered for creation and discovery, spanning verticals in food, music, science fiction, the workplace, pop culture and many more. Connecting original content with communities passionate about these topics, Vocal's proprietary, algorithmic engine capitalizes on the power of specific and dedicated audiences, promoting maximum SEO exposure and monetization capabilities. Over four hundred new articles have been published within the last 30 days, and the platform is poised to see that count materially accelerate as new verticals are added and its communities grow at an exponential rate.
Wander is a community created for travelers - inexperienced, experienced, and dreamers - while humans is all about relationships, catering to those who identify as single, married, or other. Both will have Jerrick's signature combination of quality articles, videos and photographs; Vocal users are now able to contribute to both of these new communities.
Since Vocal's launch on November 30th, 2016, over 2,500 content creators have set up author accounts, ranging from established thought leaders and influencers to first time publishers. Vocal's network has increased in traffic by more than threefold in the last two months, reaching an average of approximately 2.5 million page views in February, compared to approximately 800,000 page views in December. By utilizing Vocal's proprietary engine, the platform does not rely on material traditional traffic purchasing methods. The majority of the nearly one and a half million monthly network visitors are generated through organic search and social engagement.
Rick Schwartz, Co-founder of Jerrick, commented, "We've seen substantial growth in our digital metrics and do not see that slowing down in the near term. Our ecosystem of communities will eventually drive its own topical formation as more and more content creators feed into Vocal and our rapidly growing audience. It's exciting and rewarding to witness the amazing reaction to Vocal; there are so many people out there with something to say and we're thrilled to both give them a platform and reward them for their content."
Each vertical on Vocal is built upon a storied history in the media landscape:
- Wander - Where to go, where to stay, what to do; get trapped like a tourist or lost off the beaten path.
- Humans - Single. Married. Other. Humans are all about relationships.
- The Swamp - The Swamp examines the crazy but true world of Politics. Discover the voice of the people.
- Proof - From happy hour to the top shelf, Proof has a drink for everyone. Choose your poison.
- OMNI - OMNI is the intersection of science, science fiction, technology, art, culture, design, and metaphysics.
- Geeks - Geeks dives into the storied worlds of comic cons, video games, movies, comic books and TV.
- Feast - Whether it's your favorite part of the day or fuel for your car, our relationship with food is a daily, complicated affair. Let the Feast begin.
- Potent - Potent explores the fastest growing industry in America: cannabis culture and marijuana lifestyle.
- Longevity - Longevity presents the new frontiers of health and wellness; everything a person needs to live a strong and healthy life.
- Journal - We spend one third of our lives thinking about it, stressing about it, talking about it, and doing it. Journal is everything work-related.
- Filthy - In the world of sexuality, Filthy has something for everyone. A vintage erotica vibe with a contemporary artistic perspective.
- Beat - From obscure instruments to memorable soundtracks to ever-shifting tastes, Beat is the guiding track to all things music.
For more information, visit https://vocal.media/
Vocal is a social publishing hub engineered for creation and discovery, spanning verticals in food, music, science fiction, the workplace, pop culture and many more. Aimed at paying for and connecting original content with communities passionate about these topics, Vocal's proprietary, algorithmic engine maximizes the power of specific and dedicated audiences, allowing for maximum monetization capabilities. Vocal's growing digital ecosystem currently has 12 verticals, including sexuality, science, the workplace, pop culture, health/wellness, and cannabis.
Jerrick is a digital media and technology company focused on the development and marketing of branded digital content and e-commerce properties, producing and distributing premium digital media across multiple platforms for targeted demographics. The portfolio of brands is delivered through Vocal, its proprietary technology and content distribution platform. All verticals are overseen by a dedicated team and ideology, focusing primarily on revenue conversion as the premise behind all published material. Vintage publications are contemporized for a new audience. All content is meant to challenge, inspire, and enlighten.
For press inquiries contact email@example.com
Any statements that are not historical facts and that express, or involve discussions as to, expectations, beliefs, plans, objectives, assumptions or future events or performance (often, but not always, indicated through the use of words or phrases such as "will likely result," "are expected to," "will continue," "is anticipated," "estimated," "intends," "plans," "believes" and "projects") may be forward-looking and may involve estimates and uncertainties which could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed in the forward-looking statements. We caution that the factors described herein could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed in any forward-looking statements we make and that investors should not place undue reliance on any such forward-looking statements. Further, any forward-looking statement speaks only as of the date on which such statement is made, and we undertake no obligation to update any forward-looking statement to reflect events or circumstances after the date on which such statement is made or to reflect the occurrence of anticipated or unanticipated events or circumstances. New factors emerge from time to time, and it is not possible for us to predict all of such factors. Further, we cannot assess the impact of each such factor on our results of operations or the extent to which any factor, or combination of factors, may cause actual results to differ materially from those contained in any forward-looking statements. This press release is qualified in its entirety by the cautionary statements and risk factor disclosure contained in our Securities and Exchange Commission filings.
SOURCE Jerrick Media Holdings, Inc.