SEATTLE, Jan. 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Trans Marine Propulsion Systems, Inc. (TMPS), known worldwide for its diesel engine service and engineering capabilities, announced that Jesper Th. Petersen has joined the 29-year-old company as the Senior Technical Superintendent-Manager of 2 Stroke Service.
"We are very excited about the knowledgebase Jesper brings with him to TMPS," said Shane Roeser, TMPS President. "Together with our other service engineers, our team brings over 100 +years of joint engine experience on 2-stroke engines and their related equipment."
Prior to joining TMPS, Mr. Petersen served in a series of leadership roles for one of the world's largest engine manufacturers, MAN Diesel & Turbo, from 1984-2011, including:
- Technical Director of MAN Diesel & Turbo North America Inc., Seattle – 2008 – 2011
- General Manager of MAN Diesel Shanghai Co. Ltd. – 2001 to 2008
- Manager at MAN B&W Diesel A/S Copenhagen – 1998 to 2001
- Section Manager at MAN B&W Diesel Copenhagen – 1994 to 1998
- Superintendent Engineer of MAN B&W Diesel Copenhagen – 1984 to 1994
"One of the keys to our success has been the ability to provide our customers with conclusive data as to why an engine or its components have failed, or are not operating to 100% of their potential," added Mr. Roeser. "This information is crucial to vessel owners and can save them millions of dollars in repairs, fuel and down time."
TMPS offers a 1 year or 6,000 hour warranty (whichever comes first) on all service work performed..
More information on Trans Marine Propulsion Systems, Inc. go to http://www.transmarine.org or call 206-282-9142.
SOURCE Trans Marine Propulsion Systems, Inc.