Jinpan International Announces 2010 Annual Dividend
CARLSTADT, N.J., Jan. 29 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Jinpan International Ltd (Nasdaq: JST), a leading designer, manufacturer and distributor of cast resin transformers for high voltage distribution equipment, today announced that the Company's board of directors declared an annual dividend of $0.14 per common share for the year 2010 to be distributed in two equal payments. The dividend will be paid following the Company's previously announced two-for-one forward stock split.
The first payment, in the amount of $0.07 per share, will be payable on February 25, 2010 to shareholders of record at the close of business on February 18, 2010. The second payment date would be announced in the coming months.
The Company's $0.14 per common share dividend is equivalent to $0.28 per share on a pre-stock split basis, which is a $0.04 per common share increase over the Company's 2009 annual dividend.
Mr. Zhuyuan Li, Chief Executive Officer of Jinpan International, commented, "We are pleased to be able to announce an increase of our annual dividend by $0.04 per share when compared to our 2009 dividend. We believe that this increase in dividend supports the Company's financial stability and demonstrates our confidence in the future outlook of the Company."
About Jinpan International Ltd
Jinpan International Ltd. (Nasdaq: JST) designs, manufactures and distributes cast resin transformers for voltage distribution equipment in China and other countries around the world. Jinpan's cast resin transformers allow high voltage transmissions of electricity to be distributed to various locations at lower, more usable voltage levels. The Company has obtained ISO9001 and ISO1401 certification of its cast resin transformers. Its principal executive offices are located in Hainan, China and its U.S. headquarters is based in Carlstadt, New Jersey.
Safe Harbor Provision
This press release contains forward-looking statements made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements are based on management's current expectations and observations and involve known and unknown risks, and uncertainties or other factors not under the Company's control, which may cause actual results, performance or achievements of the company to be materially different from the results, performance or other expectations implied by these forward-looking statements. These factors include, but are not limited to, the following:
- our ability to successfully implement our business strategy;
- the impact of existing and new competitors in the markets in which we compete, including competitors that may offer less expensive products and services, more desirable or innovative products or technological substitutes, or have more extensive resources or better financing;
- the effects of rapid technological changes and vigorous competition in the markets in which we operate;
- uncertainties about the future growth in electricity consumption and infrastructure;
- development in the markets in which we operate;
- uncertainties about the degree of growth in the number of consumers in the markets in which we operate using mobile personal communications services and the growth in the population in those areas;
- other factors or trends affecting the industry generally and our financial condition in particular;
- the effects of the higher degree of regulation in the markets in which we operate;
- general economic and political conditions in the countries in which we operate or other countries which have an impact on our business activities or investments;
- the monetary and interest rate policies of the countries in which we operate;
- changes in competition and the pricing environments in the countries in which we operate;
- exchange rates; and
- other factors listed from time-to-time in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including, without limitation, our Annual Report on Form 20-F for the period ended December 31, 2008 and our subsequent reports on Form 6-K.
Except as required by law, we are not under any obligation, and expressly disclaim any obligation, to update or alter any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Investor Contact Information:
At Jinpan International Ltd.
Mr. Mark Du,
Chief Financial Officer
+1 (201) 460-8778
SOURCE Jinpan International Ltd