BOSTON, Nov. 6, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- John Hancock Investments won five STAR Awards from the Mutual Fund Education Alliance (MFEA) at the annual awards ceremony held recently in Chicago. The STAR Awards are held each year in order to recognize excellence in mutual fund marketing and communications to investors and intermediaries.
John Hancock Investments was honored for the following:
- 529 college savings plan educational brochure (educational brochure, retail category), which highlights the importance of saving for college and the advantages of using 529 plans
- John Hancock Investments shareholder reports (annual report, retail category), recognized for the redesigned format and ease of navigation
- "Discover our different approach" ad campaign (ad campaign, advisor category), a national advertising campaign designed to heighten awareness of John Hancock Investments' unique manager-of-managers approach to investing
- Viewpoints blog (mobile website, advisor category), which publishes insight and analysis from the firm's network of asset managers and investment partners
- Market Intelligence (educational communications, advisor category), which presents a consolidated market outlook from the firm's network of asset managers and investment partners
"John Hancock Investments is honored to be recognized by the Mutual Fund Education Alliance," said Karen A. McCafferty, head of marketing. "Education is critical in our industry, and we are committed to providing industry-leading educational tools and communications materials."
The national STAR Awards competition recognizes excellence in marketing, communications, and digital efforts in the fund industry. Winners are selected from among hundreds of entries judged by an industry panel of mutual fund marketing and communications executives.
About John Hancock Investments
John Hancock has helped individuals and institutions build and protect wealth since 1862. Today, we are one of America's strongest and most-recognized brands. As a manager of managers, John Hancock Investments searches the world to find proven portfolio teams with specialized expertise for every fund we offer, then we apply vigorous investment oversight to ensure they continue to meet our uncompromising standards and serve the best interests of our shareholders. Our unique approach to asset management has led to a diverse set of investments deeply rooted in investor needs, along with strong risk-adjusted returns across asset classes. John Hancock Investments managed nearly $127 billion in assets as of September 30, 2015.
About John Hancock Financial and Manulife
John Hancock Financial is a division of Manulife, a leading Canada-based financial services group with principal operations in Asia, Canada, and the United States. Operating as Manulife in Canada and Asia, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States, our group of companies offers clients a diverse range of financial protection products and wealth management services through its extensive network of employees, agents, and distribution partners. Assets under management and administration by Manulife and its subsidiaries were C$883 billion (US$708 billion) as of June 30, 2015. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as MFC on the TSX, NYSE, and PSE, and under 945 on the SEHK. Manulife can be found at manulife.com.
The John Hancock unit, through its insurance companies, comprises one of the largest life insurers in the United States. John Hancock offers and administers a broad range of financial products, including life insurance, annuities, investments, 401(k) plans, long-term care insurance, college savings, and other forms of business insurance. Additional information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com.
SOURCE John Hancock Investments