JouleX Drives Cisco Live with Five New Applications Enterprise Energy Management Leader Showcasing Extended Solutions for LED Lighting, Cisco UCS, VDI, VoIP and Energy Monitoring for Entire Show Network
ATLANTA, June 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- JouleX, a leading innovator in enterprise energy management systems for data centers, distributed office environments, and facilities, today announced its schedule of planned activities for the company's participation at Cisco Live San Diego, June 10-14, 2012, at the San Diego Convention Center. The company will introduce new mobile device capabilities for Cisco EnergyWise-enabled LED light fixtures, and its JouleX Energy Manager (JEM) solution will also be featured during scheduled training sessions and presentations throughout the show. Specifically, JEM will be used to monitor the energy consumption of the entire Cisco Live "World of Solutions" network along with devices in the Cisco EnergyWise and Universal-Power-Over-Ethernet (UPoE) Partner Pavilion.
"JouleX continues to look for ways to bring EnergyWise-based innovation to the market," said Tom Noonan, president and CEO at JouleX. "We look forward to being part of the Cisco Live events. They give us the perfect platform to debut advancements in the JouleX Energy Manager solution, for example the new mobile app for the lighting market. Cisco Live also provides an ideal setting to demonstrate exactly how we help organizations optimize and reduce energy consumption across the enterprise. The IT-connected world is like billions of leaky buckets, wasting energy day and night. When you extract that waste, the cost-savings and environmental impact is enormous."
Cisco EnergyWise extends energy monitoring and management from the network core to the edge. JEM helps visualize this solution across every device connected to the network—taking energy management beyond the switch ports and traditional PCs, to the entire IT infrastructure and data centers. JouleX provides the monitoring, analysis and control for Cisco EnergyWise-enabled devices and systems—with no client-side agents or hardware meters required. Additionally, JEM supports Cisco advanced features such as a deep-sleep Voice Over IP (VoIP) function, power capping for the Unified Computing System (UCS), and support for Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) Plus and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)―all of which will be showcased during the event.
At Booth 1746, JouleX will demonstrate the benefits of its award-winning JouleX Energy Manager technology in a real-world setting as it monitors the energy consumption and utilization of the Cisco Live World of Solutions network infrastructure, including network switches, wireless access points, and unified IP telephones, and other EnergyWise and UPoE devices in the Pavilion.
Other notable JouleX activities during Cisco Live San Diego include:
- JEM will be shown in the EnergyWise and UPoE Pavilion (Booth 2776), managing EnergyWise-enabled devices. Additionally, David Prantl of JouleX will demonstrate the new JEM mobile device capabilities using EnergyWise-enabled LED light fixtures built by NuLEDs. Designed to help extend energy management to lighting systems, the new mobile app can be used with iPads, smartphones and the new Cisco Cius tablet.
- JEM will be featured as part of the following technical breakout discussions:
- 8 a.m., Tuesday, June 12 - "IT Transformed: The Impact of Energy, Sustainability and LED Lighting Trends" (BRKSPG-1403): During this session, Cisco EnergyWise creator, Matt Laherty will provide a survey of energy and sustainability trends and show how these will impact the network engineer. The course will cover sustainable defined, ICT trends, smart grid and smart loads, energy profile visibility, net-zero buildings, real-time 3D operating BIM, and Converged System Operations Center (SOC).
- 10 a.m., Tuesday, June 12 - "Cisco EnergyWise Deployment & Practices" (BRKSPG-2403): Luis Suau, owner and operator of the Cisco Innervated Building Lab, will discuss implementing Cisco EnergyWise on a network. The session will cover configuration suggestion, implementation issues, Cisco solutions, and partner solutions.
- 8 a.m., Wednesday, June 13 – "Cisco EnergyWise Fundamentals: The Network as the Platform for Energy Management" (BRKSPG-2401): Presented by EnergyWise Architect John Parello, this session will look at solutions that make the network a control plane for energy management, including switching, routing, PoE, and endpoints devices such as PCs, servers, PDUs and facility equipment. This session will provide an introduction to the fundamentals of Cisco EnergyWise including principles, configuration, and deployment with a focus on energy and cost savings. Finally, the session will provide information about current and upcoming industry standards to enhance energy efficiency.
For the latest information on JouleX activities at Cisco Live San Diego, please follow the company blog at http://www.joulex.net/Green_IT_Blog, on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/pages/JouleX-Inc/197923563591757 and on Twitter at https://twitter.com/joulexnet.
JouleX is the leading innovator in sustainable energy management systems for the enterprise. Its flagship solution, the JouleX Energy Manager (JEM), provides the Global 2000 and government agencies with the ability to monitor, analyze and control energy usage for all network-connected devices and systems across the enterprise, including in distributed offices, data centers and facilities. Importantly, JEM is the first network-based energy management system that works without the use of software agents, dramatically reducing installation time and removing the maintenance burden associated with similar technologies. JEM decreases energy costs by up to 60 percent while ensuring availability and provides robust reporting that enables compliance with emerging carbon monitoring requirements.
JouleX was founded in 2009 and since has been distinguished with recent awards and accolades including Computerworld Honors Laureate, Gartner Cool Vendor in Green IT and Sustainability, GE Ecomagination Award, BT Green Economy Success for Future Award and Clean Tech Media Award. The company is headquartered in Atlanta with worldwide offices located in Tokyo, Shanghai, Paris, Munich, and Kassel, Germany and throughout the United States. For more information, please visit www.joulex.net, call (404) 567-4445 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2012 JouleX is a registered trademark of JouleX, Inc. JouleX Energy Manager (JEM) and Load-Adaptive Computing are trademarks of JouleX, Inc. All other brands and product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holder.
CONTACT: Kari Walker, +1-703-928-9996, email@example.com