Journalists rip gift wrap off gadgets, gear, gizmos for holidays at ShowStoppers press event in NYC Next up: ShowStoppers @ CES 2012
NEW YORK, Sept. 20, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The all-important fourth quarter in technology drop-shipped into New York City three weeks early as hundreds of top journalists and bloggers ripped the gift wrap off gadgets, gear and gizmos for work, home and play at ShowStoppers® for the Digital Holidays, the annual press event and product showcase.
The 11th edition of the invitation-only event featured product introductions and demonstrations, sneak previews and news from almost two dozen companies, among them:
- Traffic tools from INRIX that answer the question – over the river? Or, through the woods?
- Nuud, the first waterproof, shockproof, dustproof and snowproof case for iPad, from LifeProof;
- The Kickstarter-funded Screen-Top Keyboard from TouchFire;
- Manilla.com, to keep your holiday shopping list, check it twice, not overspend;
- GLAS.t from Spigen, the first tempered glass screen protector, for the iPad, iPhone, Galaxy Note and Galaxy S3;
- Music from the cloud, to go caroling by, from Polkast;
- Noise-canceling headsets from BlueAnt – so you can hear the holiday carols;
- Point-of-view cameras to shoot HD video while skating, skiing, snowboarding – from JAKKS Pacific;
- Shapeways, visualizing how you might soon print your own 3D holiday gifts;
- New Windows 8 touch screen PCs and convertible tablets from HP.
"Media contacts crowded our new products display, excited to see and hear what's new from BlueAnt Wireless," said Ken Shaw, national account manager. "We met with a number of journalists at top tier media outlets such as The New York Times, CBS News and Laptop magazine; and generated a lot of buzz about the new products we announced – the Ribbon, the Commute and the Endure. We look forward to realizing the impact of the show and, ultimately, selling more BlueAnt products."
"As we continue to push our innovative lead in radar & laser ticket protection technology, getting the help of the very best in mainstream media is critically important, said Ron Gividen, PR/Media director at ESCORT Inc. "At Showstoppers we were able to share our new SmartRadar and ESCORT Live ticket protection app intimately with the truly best in professional commentators, makers and movers from FOX News, Forbes, AOL, CBS News, Consumer Electronics Daily, Laptop Magazine, Cruise Control Radio, Tech Media, Gadget News, BNET TV and a whole host of other freelance writers, editors and news gatekeepers -- simply awesome."
More than 230 reporters, columnists, bloggers and industry analysts covered the event, including the Associated Press, AMI, BBC, CBS News, Consumer Reports, engadget, eWeek, Financial Times, Forbes, Fox News, Gizmodo, Good Housekeeping, Investor's Business Daily, Laptop, MTV, NBC, New York Post, New York Times, NPD, PC Magazine, Smart Money, TechTarget, theStreet.com, VentureBeat, Verge, Wall Street Journal, ZDNET, and more.
The next ShowStoppers events are ShowStoppers @ CES, 8 Jan. 2013 in Las Vegas; ShowStoppers @ Mobile World Congress, 24 Feb. 2013 in Barcelona.
To exhibit, contact Dave Leon, email@example.com, +1-845-638-3527.
Now in its 20th year, ShowStoppers is the global leader in producing press and business events spanning the US, Europe and Asia. Each event organizes product introductions, sneak previews and demonstrations for selected journalists, bloggers, industry and financial analysts, venture capitalists and business executives. Industry leaders, innovators and startups exhibit to help generate news coverage and product reviews, make new connections, promote brand, and open new markets. ShowStoppers produces events at CES, CTIA and Mobile World Congress, among others, and the official press events at IFA, NAB, Sandbox Summit and the CEA LineShow.
+1 512 288 0950
ShowStoppers is a registered trademark of LL&J LLC. All other trademarks are acknowledged.