DOMINICAN REPUBLIC, May 3, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Juan Dolio, an area located approximately 45 minutes east of the country's capital of Santo Domingo, is set to become an area of upcoming focus of tourism development efforts. Offering guests the beach experience many travelers desire as well as easily accessible cosmopolitan entertainment, Juan Dolio is well positioned to welcome a variety of tourists and offer a great diversity of accommodations.
Nestled between the two destinations, Juan Dolio serves as a good option for travelers looking to experience both Santo Domingo's rich history and vibrant nightlife as well as La Romana's luxurious and sunny attractions, both accessible in under an hour. Also nearby, Cueva de las Maravillas offers a stunning natural excursion while the Barceló Rum Historical Center gives guests a taste of one of Dominican Republic's beloved products. Golf aficionados are able to play two of the country's 28 courses here – Los Marlins and Guavaberry – with La Romana's designer golf courses just a drive away.
To bolster Juan Dolio's bright future, several companies announced their investments in the area at this year's Dominican Annual Tourism Exchange (DATE) conference:
- Hodelpa Hotel Group announced plans to open a new hotel, Emotions by Hodelpa, in November 2016 and is planning to add another, Sensation Hotel, before the end of the year. The four-star Emotions by Holdepa will offer 341 rooms, five restaurants, five bars and three pools. Active individuals and families can enjoy a tennis court, kids' club, climbing wall, table tennis, bicycle rentals, water sports, beach volleyball, diving, gym and more. Emotions guests can unwind at the Serenity Spa or spend a night of gaming and dancing at the club and casino. Event services are offered on-site to help plan destination weddings or conferences.
- Hodelpa's Sensation Hotel will offer a stay of an even higher caliber. The new five-star hotel will offer 329 rooms, five restaurants, six bars and three pools, with 90 percent of all rooms designed to have ocean views. Catering to the needs of the modern traveler, the hotel will offer expanded fitness offerings that align with current trends – these include cross-fit, Zumba, boxing, kickboxing, racquetball, rock climbing, Pilates and yoga. The hotel will also offer partner packages with the nearby Los Marlins and Guavaberry golf clubs.
- Hodelpa also announced their passion to grow and promote the Juan Dolio area by making investments to the city and preserving its unique and historic culture. The group has invested in the improvement of the city's infrastructure through updates to houses, streets and sidewalks.
- Representatives from Coral Hospitality Corporation (CHC) announced plans to expand tourism offerings in the Juan Dolio area of Dominican Republic. CHC plans to invest $10 million in the refurbishment of the 400-room Coral Costa Caribe Hotel, set to reopen in the 2016-2017 winter season.
For more information on Juan Dolio and Dominican Republic, visit www.GoDominicanRepublic.com.
About Dominican Republic
Surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean on the north and the Caribbean Sea on the south, our lush tropical and paradisiacal country boasts nearly 1,000 miles (1,609 km) of coastline, 250 miles (402 km) of the world's top beaches, magnificent resorts and hotels, and a variety of sports, recreation and entertainment options. Here you can dance to the pulse pounding thrill of the merengue, renew in our luxurious and diverse accommodations, explore ancient relics of centuries past, delight in delicious Dominican gastronomy or enjoy ecotourism adventures in our magnificent national parks, mountain ranges, rivers and beaches.
Known for our warm and hospitable people, Dominican Republic is a destination like no other, featuring astounding nature, intriguing history and rich cultural experiences like music, art and festivals, plus uniquely Dominican specialties such as cigars, rum, chocolate, coffee, merengue, amber and larimar.
Dominican Republic features the best beaches, fascinating history and culture, and is a chosen escape for celebrities, couples and families alike. Visit Dominican Republic Ministry of Tourism's official website at: www.GoDominicanRepublic.com.
BVK Public Relations for DR Ministry of Tourism
Annie Holschuh, US PR Director
(414) 247-2140 / firstname.lastname@example.org
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/juan-dolio-announced-as-dominican-republics-up-and-coming-destination-300261927.html
SOURCE Dominican Republic Ministry of Tourism