July 31 J. Levine Auction Features Wyatt Earp Guns, 1884 Dodge City Photo, Frank and Jesse James Historic Photo & More
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., July 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Legendary lawman Wyatt Earp's Colt Lightning pocket revolver and Marlin shotgun are among hundreds of items that will be auctioned Thursday, July 31 at J. Levine Auction & Appraisal in Scottsdale, Arizona. The high-end "Summer Quarterly Auction" also includes a historic 1884 Dodge City photo of Wyatt Earp and others bearing several famous signatures, an original tintype photograph of Frank and Jesse James taken just prior to Frank's enlistment in the Confederate Army, life-size Dee Flagg sculptures of Wyatt Earp, Billy the Kid, Jesse James and Daniel Boone, a W. Herbert Dunton oil painting, a Diego Rivera watercolor and more. The public can preview items at the auction house starting on Wed., July 30 and then bid in-person, online and by phone on July 31.
Items expected to cause a bidding frenzy on July 31 include:
- Frank & Jesse James Tintype - Circa 1860/61: Estimated value between $40,000 and $60,000. A historic, original tintype photograph of Frank (sitting) and Jesse James (standing) taken just prior to Frank's enlistment in the Confederate Army. This museum-quality find has been in the family of Edward Ziebarth for more than 100 years. (Ziebarth's Farm Museum in Adams County, Nebraska.)
- Wyatt Earp Dodge City Photograph circa 1884: A historic, large albumen photograph in the wild frontier town of the Old West, Dodge City, KS, during the height of the cattle trade. The photograph also bears the signatures of
William Matthew Tilghman Jr., Wyatt Earp, W. F. Petillon, Neal Brown, Luke Short and Bill Doolin. Estimated value between $10,000 and $15,000.
- Wyatt Earp's 1877 Colt Lightning Pocket Revolver: Serial #37318 and as listed by former mayor of Tremont, IL. Estimated value between $40,000 and $60,000. Includes all authentication documentation.
- Wyatt Earp's 1895 Marlin Shotgun: Serial # 170869 and as listed by the nephew of Wyatt Earp, Bill Miller. Estimated value between $50,000 and $75,000. Includes authentication documentation from Tombstone Heritage Museum.
- Dee Flagg Life-Size Sculptures of Wyatt Earp, Billy the Kid, Jesse James and Daniel Boone: Estimated value between $30,000 and $50,000 each.
- "Elk in the Aspens" W. Herbert Dunton painting: Estimated value between $200,000 and $250,000.
Visit www.jlevines.com or call (480) 496-2212.
SOURCE J. Levine Auction & Appraisal