IRVINE, Calif., June 13, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Netwrix Corporation, provider of a visibility platform for user behavior analysis and risk mitigation in hybrid environments, today announced the release of its global 2017 IT Risks Report. The report aims to provide an overview of the IT risks that organizations face on a daily basis, identify what processes and resources they have to handle these risks, and assess the respondents' readiness to deal with cyber security threats.
The report is based on a survey of 723 respondents from organizations operating in various industries around the globe. The feedback was collected between March 15 and April 15, 2017. The report summarizes experiences, perceptions and plans the organizations have in regard to their IT risk strategy.
The survey's key findings are:
- The majority of organizations (89%) use only basic IT security solutions.
- 65% of organizations do not have dedicated personnel responsible for cyber security. 56% of organizations subject to compliance delegate this task to their IT operations teams.
- 66% of organizations perceive employees as the biggest threat to system availability and security, but only 36% of organizations say they are fully aware of employees' actions.
- 65% of respondents admitted to having security incidents in 2016; the most common reasons cited were malware and human errors.
- 74% of organizations acknowledge they are not well prepared to beat IT risks, with the main obstacles being lack of budget (57%) and lack of time (54%).
"Organizations understand very well the need to focus significant effort on protecting the smooth operation of their businesses. While they see their own users as the main threat, they haven't yet gained visibility into user activity in business critical systems and manipulations of sensitive data. The Netwrix 2017 IT Risks Report reveals that improvement in these areas is first on their agenda," said Michael Fimin, CEO and co-founder of Netwrix. "Organizations that already have visibility into user activity and IT changes report that it greatly benefits their security initiatives and enables them to avoid issues such as data breaches, system unavailability and audit failures."
"I see data leakage as the current biggest risk to IT. We are getting better at high redundancy, availability, diagnostics and automation of all these components, but protecting data is still not improving," said Adam Fowler, IT expert and owner of adamfowlerit.com blog.
To learn more about the IT risks organizations face today, please visit: www.netwrix.com/go/itrisksin2017.
About Netwrix Corporation
Netwrix Corporation was the first vendor to introduce a visibility and governance platform for hybrid cloud security. More than 160,000 IT departments worldwide rely on Netwrix to detect insider threats on premises and in the cloud, pass compliance audits with less effort and expense, and increase productivity of IT security and operations teams. Founded in 2006, Netwrix has earned more than 100 industry awards and been named to both the Inc. 5000 and Deloitte Technology Fast 500 lists of the fastest growing companies in the U.S. For more information, visit www.netwrix.com
Avista PR for Netwrix
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/just-26-of-organizations-are-ready-to-handle-it-risks-reveals-netwrix-survey-300473043.html
SOURCE Netwrix Corporation