SAN DIEGO, Calif., March 24, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- KAABOO Del Mar is returning to the world-famous Del Mar Racetrack & Fairgrounds in Del Mar (San Diego), CA with gusto. From September 16-18, 2016 guests will partake in the ultimate weekend escape for the sophisticated concert-goer looking for a fully immersive experience without the rough qualities of a traditional outdoor event. KAABOO combines a diverse mix of music, prime culinary offerings, the very best craft libations, visually inspiring contemporary art exhibitions, unrivaled comedians and all of the indulgent amenities you could hope for, all in one place. In other words, it's the perfect three-day "mix-perience."
Back by popular demand and doubling in capacity, the Humor Me Comedy Club will host more than 25 performers throughout the weekend. This year, it will be expanded to ensure optimal belly laughs in a comfortable, and most importantly, well air-conditioned location with plenty of space to kick back, relax and enjoy the show. If you're looking to laugh your ass off with some seriously talented and seriously funny comedians, then gear up for the weekend takeover.
HUMOR ME LINEUP ANNOUNCEMENT:
- The Cast of Silicon Valley (Including: T.J. Miller, Kumail Nanjiani, Thomas Middleditch, Jimmy O. Yang) – Partially inspired by co-creator Mike Judge's experiences as a Silicon Valley engineer in the 1980s, this comedy series follows the misadventures of introverted computer programmer Richard and his brainy friends as they attempt to strike it rich in a high-tech gold rush.
- Dana Carvey – One of SNL's most talented alumni, comedian Dana Carvey reigned supreme during his six-season run creating some of the show's most memorable characters, including "Church Lady", "Garth" of Wayne & Garth fame, Grumpy Old Man and bodybuilding "Hans" of Hans & Franz notoriety.
- David Cross – Veteran stand-up comedian, actor, writer, and voice artist, known primarily for his standup work, the HBO sketch comedy series 'Mr. Show', and his role as Tobias Fünke in the sitcom 'Arrested Development'.
- Darrell Hammond – A long time 'Saturday Night Live' cast member from 1995 to 2009, the longest tenure of any SNL cast member, Hammond was one of the sketch TV show's strongest and funniest performers.
- Jeff Ross – As a stand-up comic, Jeff Ross has appeared on dozens of TV shows including Late Show with David Letterman, Jimmy Kimmel Live!, The Tonight Show with Jay Leno and Real Time with Bill Maher. His blistering performances at celebrity roasts for the likes of Hugh M. Hefner, Donald Trump, Jerry Stiller, Drew Carey and Rob Reiner, inspired New York Magazine to crown him The Meanest Man in Comedy.
- Janeane Garofalo – Garofalo began her career as a stand-up comedian and became a cast member on the 'Ben Stiller Show', 'The Larry Sanders Show', and 'Saturday Night Live'. She has also appeared in more than 50 movies including 'The Truth about Cats and Dogs', 'Wet Hot American Summer', 'Reality Bites' and 'The Independent'.
- Doug Benson – A longtime comedian and actor who has appeared on 'Comedy Central Presents', 'Best Week Ever' and was a contestant on 'Last Comic Standing' in the show's fifth season.
- Garfunkel and Oates – A popular comedy–folk duo from Los Angeles, CA, consisting of actress–songwriters Riki Lindhome and Kate Micucci. The band name is derived from "two famous rock-and-roll second bananas", Art Garfunkel and John Oates.
- Natasha Leggero – As a long time stand-up comic, Natasha has made appearances on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson, Last Call with Carson Daly, The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon and she has appeared on multiple Comedy Central stand-up programs. She currently stars alongside Riki Lindhome in the Comedy Central series 'Another Period'.
- Brian Posehn – A well-known actor, voice actor, musician, writer, and comedian, known for his roles as Jim Kuback on The WB's 'Mission Hill' and Brian Spukowski on Comedy Central's 'The Sarah Silverman Program'.
- Puddles Pity Party – "Big" Mike Geier, otherwise known as Puddles the Clown co-founded Puddles Pity Party with his wife, Shannon Newton as the chimp-girl Monkey Zuma. Puddles Pity Party is best known for appearing in several viral videos on YouTube since 2013, most notably with Scott Bradlee's 'Postmodern Jukebox'. As Puddles, Geier is noted for his distinctive whiteface clown costume as well as his unusually tall height of 6''8'.
- Taylor Williamson's Homegrown Showcase – Popular comedian and actor known for finishing as the runner-up on the eighth season of America's Got Talent and as a semi-finalist on Last Comic Standing. He was the youngest comedian to ever perform on 'The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson' and has performed at the prestigious 'Just for Laughs Comedy Festival' in Montreal, Canada.
- Plus 15 more opening and emerging acts will be added to the comedy bill – KAABOO will be hosting a HUMOR ME DISCOVERY TOUR to seek out and select emerging, local talent to join this impressive lineup of comedians. More details to follow soon.
We regret to report that previously announced comedian Rachel Bloom has unfortunately withdrawn from the KAABOO 2016 lineup. Coming off the heels of a Golden Globe winning successful year, she has obligations she must fulfill at the upcoming Emmy Awards, falling on the same weekend. We congratulate her on her great achievements, wish her much luck in the coming year, and hope to host her at KAABOO in the future.
KAABOO Del Mar has a standing reservation and contractual permission to hold its event from September 15-18, 2016 at the Del Mar Fairgrounds. A longer-term agreement is in negotiations now, and is anticipated to be signed by April.
3-day passes are on-sale now, and additional news is soon to come! The complete line-up of music will be announced in April 2016. Contemporary art, food and more set to roll-out starting in the early Summer. For the most updated information, please visit the KAABOO website: www.kaaboodelmar.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Kaaboo is a three-day "mix-perience" and the perfect weekend escape for the sophisticated concert-goer looking for a fully immersive experience without the rough qualities of a traditional outdoor event. It combines a diverse mix of music, high quality culinary offerings, the very best craft libations, visually inspiring art exhibitions, comedy, dancing and all of the indulgent amenities you could hope for, together in one place. Already announced acts include Jack Johnson, The Avett Brothers, Goo Goo Dolls, Jason Isbell, Rachel Bloom and Janeane Garofalo, as well as artist Caratoes with many more names to be added to the lineup in March -- stay tuned. Located at the historic Del Mar Racetrack + Fairgrounds, just north of San Diego on the Southern California coast.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/kaaboo-del-mars-2016-humor-me-comedy-lineup-announcement-its-seriously-funny-300240900.html
SOURCE KAABOO Del Mar