BARCELONA, Spain, Feb. 17, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- GENBAND™, a leading provider of real time communications software solutions, today announced that it will showcase its award-winning mobility suite including the Kandy Communications Platform as a Service (PaaS) at Mobile World Congress 2016 in Barcelona, February 22-25. In addition to Kandy, GENBAND will demonstrate its fring Mobile Over-the-Top (OTT), Wireless Access Gateway, Advanced Media System and Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) solutions.
"Our comprehensive carrier-class mobility suite supports the world's largest communications service providers (CSPs), software vendors and enterprises in the world and we are excited to feature them at the premier event in the mobile industry," said Patrick Joggerst, EVP, Global Sales and Marketing at GENBAND. "We have a great display of revenue-generating solutions and demonstrations planned for Mobile World Congress, highlighted by our Kandy platform, which since its launch just over a year ago is already supporting more than 16 million new users and helping to bring to market innovative new use cases on an almost daily basis."
- Kandy Communications Platform as a Service (PaaS) a cloud-based communications platform that enables leading companies like SAP to seamlessly embed voice, video, rich messaging, presence and screen sharing into web and mobile applications – creating a more engaging experience for customers and boosting collaboration and productivity with employees. Pre-packaged Kandy Wrapper applications (click-to-call concierge and visual auto attendant) will also be highlighted.
- fring Over-the-Top (OTT) a cloud-based white label mobile OTT application that offers CSPs and Mobile Network Operators (MNOs) a cost-effective way to compete with independent OTT players by quickly launching carrier-grade voice, video, chat and texting capabilities.
- Network Transformation & Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) – working closely with ecosystem partners such as Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) and Intel GENBAND is playing a critical role in helping bring about advanced NFV-based mobile VoLTE and VoWi-Fi solutions as well industry-leading NFV media processing for 4G/5G applications.
- Nuvia Unified Communications (UC) a cloud-based white label solution that delivers carrier-class UC services and provides all the features organizations expect from traditional enterprise phone systems plus unified communications features like instant messaging, mobile applications, video conferencing and more.
- IP Interconnect GENBAND IP interconnect solutions, which include IP eXchange, IP Peering, Intra-Network Interconnect, and International Interconnect services, aid service providers in creating interconnected networks that operate seamlessly.
- Wireless Access Gateways - enables subscribers to easily and securely access their mobile voice and multimedia services across 3G, 4G LTE, small cells as well as Wi-Fi networks for VoWiFi services.
- Next Generation, Software Centric Session Border Controller Solution (powered by GENBAND's Q50 Media System) - enables service providers to take a differentiated approach to SBC deployment and achieve new levels of flexibility, scalability, cost savings and operational efficiencies. By offering service providers seamless, flexible migration to NFV environments via the cloud or through premises-based network deployments, or a combination of both, GENBAND sets itself apart from competitors' solutions.
GENBAND and HPE are demonstrating advanced NFV-based mobile VoLTE VoWi-Fi solutions combining GENBAND's Wireless Access Gateway and HPE's carrier-grade NFV platform. The combined solution will be demonstrated at GENBAND's booth and in the HPE OpenNFV Partner Showcase in booth 5F31 in Exhibition Hall 5.
Last year GENBAND announced the creation of the fring Alliance, a community of global service providers that offers a turnkey, federated OTT multimedia messaging experience to their customers. This year at MWC GENBAND will be featuring some of the innovative revenue-generating apps and services that Alliance members are already creating, including payments and advertising solutions.
GENBAND will host a fring Alliance party at its booth, Tuesday, February 23, from 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm.
GENBAND at Mobile World Congress: Exhibition Hall 2, booth 2I31
GENBAND, a 2015 CNBC Disruptor 50, is a global leader in real-time communications software solutions for service providers, enterprises, independent software vendors, systems integrators and developers in over 80 countries. Kandy, its award-winning, disruptive real-time communications software development platform, is built from the company's global telecommunications network and security technologies. The platform enables these companies to easily embed a full suite of voice, video, chat, screen-sharing and collaboration capabilities into their existing business, web and mobile applications. The company's Network Modernization, Unified Communications, Mobility and Embedded Communications solutions enable its customers to quickly capitalize on growing market segments and introduce differentiating products, applications and services. GENBAND's market-leading solutions, which are deployable in the network, on premise or through the cloud, help its customers connect people to each other and address the growing demands of today's consumers and businesses for real-time communications wherever they happen to be. To learn more visit genband.com.
GENBAND, the GENBAND logo and icon are trademarks of GENBAND.