Kandy Magazine Selects Mag+ for Its Next Generation iPad, iPhone and Android Devices Apps
WEST HOLLYWOOD, Calif., Sept. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Men's lifestyle magazine KANDY announced today that it selected the Mag+ digital publishing ecosystem for its next generation mobile apps. On September 12th the Kandy Magazine USA iPad and iPhone app was released via the iTunes App Store Newsstand. The Kandy Magazine USA app was built utilizing the creative and publishing tools made available by Mag+.
"In our first 18 months in the iTunes App Store Newsstand, we experienced great success with our Kandy Magazine iPad app. When the decision was made to bring the development work in-house the Mag+ solution really stood out," Ron Kuchler, founder of Kandy, said in a press release.
The next generation Kandy Magazine USA App for the iPad and iPhone includes the following features:
* Page Scrubber
* Interactive top screen table of contents
* Scrollable Text
* Text Pull-tabs (text you tap and pull up on the page)
* Pinch & Zoom Pictorials
* Tap & Zoom Pictorials
* Tap to hide text
* Social Media Sharing
* How To Users Guide
* Tap & Pop Pix (Photo galleries on a single page, tap and pop to see full screen individual photos)
* Vertical Swipe
* Horizontal Swipe (swipe through pictorials when device is horizontal)
* Vertical Photo Panning - pan up & down on photos when in landscape mode)
* Horizontal Photo Panning - pan left & right when device is in portrait mode
* Pop up, Full Screen Videos - Tap on video link and it goes full screen
* Rotatable screen - flip between portrait and landscape mode to view pictures
* Flip & zoom - flip screen to landscape mode to zoom tighter on photos
* Articles Summary page for iPhone editions
Issues of Kandy built for the iPhone are under 50 MB for fast download and with all the features listed above.
Readers can download Kandy Magazine USA in the App Store Newsstand or go to
About KANDY Magazine
KANDY Magazine is a lifestyle magazine for men available as a free iPhone and iPad app in the iTunes App Store Newsstand. Kandy's editorial content focuses on entertainment, nightlife, gadgets and apps, fitness, dating, and sports. Kandy Magazine – The Sweeter Side of Life For Men
Mag+ is a complete digital publishing ecosystem comprised of a plug-in for InDesign CS4-CS6, a powerful web-based backend, and white-labeled reader apps for iOS, Android and Kindle devices. Clients in a range of industries have now built more than 1,500 innovative apps on the Mag+ platform, including Toyota, New York Magazine, WeSC, Hemispheres (United Airlines), Shape and The Nation.
For Additional Information:
Director of Communications
Read more news from Kandy Magazine.
SOURCE Kandy Magazine