CHICAGO, Nov. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Many are tasked with or volunteer to plan their company's holiday party because they want to avoid the same boring event as last year, but they don't know where to go for ideas and inspiration. Kapow Events, Chicago's premier marketplace for company events made easy, offers advice on the five key things people can do to make their holiday party more memorable.
"So many companies do the same thing every year for their holiday party and it starts to get stale for employees," explains Marc Halpin, CEO and co-founder of Kapow Events. "Kapow Events has worked with the city's corporate elite on employee and client entertainment events so we put together the following tips for how to avoid throwing another boring holiday party this year."
Kapow Events offers the following five tips for making a company holiday party more memorable:
- Add a theatrical element such as an Elvis impersonator or Chef food presentation. Everyone has been to a cocktail party, but have they hung out with Elvis while sipping Sauvignon?
- Hand out personalized mementos to remind people of the event. Kapow Events suggests fun ideas such as branded legos, candy mix named after employees, or custom labeled wines.
- Integrate social media tools into the event. One idea is to have an Instagram feed of real-time photos taken at the event displayed on a screen during the event. The only thing people like more than reminiscing about a good time is seeing their pictures.
- Have a theme to help people get more involved and integrating with each other in the evening. Some suggestions are a casino night, murder mystery theme, or a photo booth with dress-up costumes tied to the theme of the evening.
- Integrate the food and drinks into your party. For example, consider having make-your-own guacamole, sushi, or cocktail stations.
Kapow Events, Inc. promotes exclusive company events to members in the Chicago area. Membership is free and provides business professionals responsible for planning their company's events access to our unique online marketplace. For more information, go to www.kapowevents.com or contact Michael Timpone at 866.527.6987.
About Kapow Events:
Kapow is a unique event marketplace where business professionals responsible for planning team building, client entertainment and company events can get access to exclusive promotions, venues, ideas and custom event development. Kapow Events can be found on the web at www.kapowevents.com or call 855-KAPOWUS.
SOURCE Kapow Events, Inc.