NEW YORK, June 6, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- NBC, Donald J. Trump and Paula M. Shugart, President of the Miss Universe Organization, announced today the roster of celebrities and experts who will judge the 2014 MISS USA® Competition, airing Sunday, June 8 at 8/7c on NBC live from The Baton Rouge River Center in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
The panel of judges includes:
- Karl Malone, former power forward for the Utah Jazz, named one of the "50 Greatest Players in NBA History"
- Ian Ziering, guest celebrity host of Chippendales, star of Syfy Channel's "Sharknado" movie series
- Lance Bass, member of the pop group *NSYNC, host of SiriusXM's Dirty Pop with Lance Bass, producer and actor
- Rumer Willis, actress starring in multiple movie and television hits including "Pretty Little Liars", "90210", "Hawaii Five-O", "The House Bunny", "Sorority Row", and much more
- Allie LaForce, host and reporter for CBS Sports, Miss Teen USA 2005
- Dolvett Quince, fitness expert, star of the NBC hit show "The Biggest Loser," and best-selling author of 'The 3-1-2-1 Diet'
- Barbara Palacios, Miss Universe 1986, coach and judge of the new Telemundo reality show, Miss Latina Universo, international beauty icon, inspirational author and entrepreneur
- Randy Couture, star of "The Expendables" movie series, NY Times Best Selling author, star of the upcoming "Gym Rescue" on Spike TV and former 6-time UFC champion
- Melissa Peterman, star of ABC Family's "Baby Daddy" and ABC's "Bet on Your Baby"
As previously announced, country sensation Florida Georgia Line with special guest Nelly, singer-songwriter Marc Broussard, The Dirty Dozen Brass Band Horns and Latin Grammy award winning band Camila, will perform during the competition. Giuliana Rancic, co-anchor of "E! News," and Thomas Roberts, MSNBC's "Way Too Early" will host the competition. Style expert Jeannie Mai will provide behind-the-scenes commentary.
Fans will also have the opportunity to save their favorite contestant during the evening gown competition through a Twitter save in order to secure a sixth spot in the final question round. Viewers can tweet using #SaveTheQueen along with a keyword that will be provided on the screen during the live telecast. Rules and information can be found on www.missusa.com/rules. Fans are encouraged to get excited and show their support leading up to Sunday's telecast by using #SaveTheQueen.
The 2014 MISS USA® Competition will feature contestants from all 50 states and the District of Columbia. Contestants will be judged in three categories: swimsuit, evening gown and interview. Erin Brady, Miss USA 2013 will crown her successor at the conclusion of the three-hour telecast. The MISS USA show is the only domestic pageant to be seen internationally. The 2013 MISS USA® Competition was distributed to approximately 70 countries. For more information, visit www.missusa.com.
ABOUT THE MISS UNIVERSE ORGANIZATION
The Miss Universe Organization, a Donald J. Trump and NBCUniversal joint venture, is a global community empowering role models of beauty, health and leadership for young women of today. As part of the Miss Universe Organization, Miss USA is dedicated to partnering with charities around the world, and to increasing awareness of breast and ovarian cancers. For more information, visit: www.missusa.com.
FOLLOW MISS USA:
SOURCE The Miss Universe Organization